advertisement

Michael Brookes - Scammer Alert

Would be more than happy to pay the additional sub for activating the ability to sell. I think one challenge would be only making the sales room available to paid up members as this could greatly reduce the buyers audience in turn reducing the opportunity to sell.

I would be happy to pay the contribution to support the running of the site. No operational changes to the classifieds as each comes with significant challenges but more visible guidance for buyers/sellers as a safety net.

I always ask for confirmation I can collect with payment on collection as anyone refusing is most likely untrustworthy. Many times I go ahead and pay remotely with ID shared once seller has agreed I can collect the item.

*** UPDATE ***

The bank have now refunded me the full amount! I have to admit I’m very surprised but am grateful for this result. I only hope they recovered the funds from the scammer’s own bank account.

Please be careful everyone!
Ya Dancer - great news :)

*** UPDATE ***

The bank have now refunded me the full amount! I have to admit I’m very surprised but am grateful for this result. I only hope they recovered the funds from the scammer’s own bank account.

Please be careful everyone!
Ye are blessed :)

Was the reason for the refund given as " authorised push payment' " or was it a gesture of goodwill ?

Was the reason for the refund given as " authorised push payment' " or was it a gesture of goodwill ?

No reason given, the reference simply says ‘SCAM REFUND’. Maybe they’ll send me a letter soon to explain what happened.

Reactions: AV8
Very happy to hear your bank came through for you!

Is it unusual in these circumstances or maybe some acknowledgment their systems could be complicit?

An interesting one anyway, we’ll done for pursuing the refund and to bank for compliance, which bank btw?

advertisement

Back