advertisement

Metal

That track didn’t really do anything for me. The only DSO I have is the EP Kénôse (I cant remember the last time I played this) I’m going to give it a spin later today to find out why.

A new Darkthrone end of May too! YESSSSS!!

http://peaceville.com/bands/darkthrone/

Just put “The Hardship of the Scots” on in the background while I was pottering around. Kept finding that my head was nodding and my foot was tapping away so stopped what I was doing and just listened. I really like this.

I have every album up to 2007’s FOAD so it might be time to check out their more recent output. Are there any album highlights to start with?

I've been listening to a fair bit of Darkthrone lately, I seem to go through waves of listening to them but right now I'm digging The Underground Resistance, it's not to be taken too seriously.

Last edited:
Just read the review of the Master Stella Elite on AMG who gave it a score of 3.5, what the review doesn't say is how much a grower this one is. It has got better with each listen and I would honestly score it a 4.
It's DR6 is a tad disappointing, but I guess the band are looking for that "crushed" and "mangled" vibe, if they had improved the DR this could have been one hell of a slab, I think this type of metal should breathe...

https://www.angrymetalguy.com/stellar-master-elite-hologram-temple-review/

@Blackmetalboon
As Dave says the DSO pre-order track is a little out of character. I, like Dave, have no idea what DSO are going to deliver, try the Drought EP, this showcases how devastating DSO can be in a smaller bitesize tasty morsel:

http://deathspellomega.bandcamp.com/album/drought

If you really enjoyed the recent brilliant Suffering Hour EP then your not far off with Deathspell Omega, they are not the perfect package J but they do slay the dragon and serve passages of pure unadulterated fear and pleasure ;)

Screenshot_20190513-161304_Chrome_zpssxnhyjzk.jpg

"Under each face two mighty wings stretched out, of size proportioned to so huge a bird; sails of the sea I never saw so large. They had no feathers, but were like a bat's in fashion; these he flapped in such a way, that three winds issued forth from him; thereby Cocytus was completely frozen up"

Hey BMB, have you seen what's going on with Batushka?
Here is one article:
http://www.metalinjection.net/lates...their-version-of-the-band-is-the-real-version

A few days back I saw on Metal-Fi that Batushka had released a new track, I shoved it on as background music while cooking dinner. Then on bandcamp the new Batushka track popped up in my feed so sat down to have a proper listen. Hmmmm, I thought, this doesn’t sound the same and I was correct.

So we now have two bands called “Batushka”, both releasing new albums. Will we see a legal battle similar to the Gorgoroth situation a few years back? This is going to get messy!

A few days back I saw on Metal-Fi that Batushka had released a new track, I shoved it on as background music while cooking dinner. Then on bandcamp the new Batushka track popped up in my feed so sat down to have a proper listen. Hmmmm, I thought, this doesn’t sound the same and I was correct.

So we now have two bands called “Batushka”, both releasing new albums. Will we see a legal battle similar to the Gorgoroth situation a few years back? This is going to get messy!
It remains to be seen BMB the Batushka of old actually recovers at all. My best bet falls on Derph (Drabikowski) I think he has the best opportunity of releasing anything close to what Batushka previously released. Time will tell, but I am not getting my hopes up.

Last edited:
@Blackmetalboon
Interesting end to this article, it seems to mirror your thoughts exactly. Maybe there is hope....

Article from NCS:

What has happened to the Polish black metal band Batushka since the release of their stunning 2015 debut album Litourgiya is not a pretty story. The condensed version is that band founder and guitarist Krzysztof Drabikowski (who says that he composed and recorded almost all of Litourgiya himself) and the vocalist he recruited for Litourgiya (Bartłomiej Krysiuk) have gone to war.

Krysiuk has claimed ownership of the band name and other properties associated with it, and his version of Batushka has signed a deal with Metal Blade Records for the release of an album named Hospodi on July 15th (there’s a new song from that album you can check out here). Drabikowskihas sued him in Polish court and hopes to establish his own legal rights to the band’s name and related intellectual property interests. The Drabikowski version of Batushka has also recently released a new song, and that’s what you’ll find below.

For now, the track is simply entitled “Песнь 1” (Song 1), and it comes from an album named Панихида (Panikhida), which is apparently the name for “a liturgical solemn service for the repose of the departed in the Eastern Orthodox Church and those Eastern Catholic Churches, which follow the Byzantine Rite”.

The music begins in haunting, mystical tones and then rises up in daunting, gloomy, and gleaming magnificence. A jolting pulse and bursts of blasting intermittently drive the song, which also soars through clean, reverent vocals which alternate with harsh, raking snarls. What a wonderful song it is….

(Thanks to eiterorm for linking me to this song. He says the one released by the Krysiuk/Metal Blade version of Batushka is boring. For reasons explained in the intro to this post, I haven’t had time to check it out yet, and the fact that I trust eiterorm‘s tastes also has something to do with that.)

https://open.spotify.com/album/48t55IUULYvHv6Z3eFyI3i

Enjoying the latest Bethlehem release:

http://bethlehem.bandcamp.com/album/lebe-dich-leer-luxus

I love Onielar vocals (she is also the vocalist from the brilliant Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult) so it's kicking ass for me personally.

@Blackmetalboon, keep your eye on the new délétère released apparently yesterday but still showing as a pre-order on my BCF

http://deletere.bandcamp.com/album/theovorator-babelis-testamentum

...me thinks you may enjoy ;)

Really liking the new Bethlehem and Délétère albums.

@egodissolve I’ve heard the name but never got round to actually listening to them. I’ll check them out.

As for Bethlehem, I’d had never guessed it was a female vocalist if you hadn’t pointed it out! It’s quite refreshing having a female vocalist in a metal band that isn’t trying to be Tara Turunen!

@egodissolve I’ve heard the name but never got round to actually listening to them. I’ll check them out.

As for Bethlehem, I’d had never guessed it was a female vocalist if you hadn’t pointed it out! It’s quite refreshing having a female vocalist in a metal band that isn’t trying to be Tara Turunen!
IMHO, Onielar is one of metals finest vocalists at the moment...

Life is a bit too busy at the moment BMB, I need to catch up on loads of new releases (including your BC purchases) and my Deathspell Omega cd arrived yesterday and I still haven't had a chance to listen to it yet!
Noted the Belzebubs was ranked in April's top 3 of on AMG last week. Talking of AMG I just quickly noticed a review of the new Fleshgod Apocalypse, no time to read that either so I have no idea...hope things will calm down here soon....
@deek
I noticed the Earth was released this week.

Life is a bit too busy at the moment BMB, I need to catch up on loads of new releases (including your BC purchases) and my Deathspell Omega cd arrived yesterday and I still haven't had a chance to listen to it yet!
Noted the Belzebubs was ranked in April's top 3 of on AMG last week. Talking of AMG I just quickly noticed a review of the new Fleshgod Apocalypse, no time to read that either so I have no idea...hope things will calm down here soon....
@deek
I noticed the Earth was released this week.

It came through my door on Friday with the new Sunn O))), not played either yet. I've not even listened to the new DSO (or anything else for that matter). I might get a chance later this evening or tomorrow.

advertisement

Back