advertisement

Menswear - Fashion, Style and Function - Share Your Wears!

True. Completely invisible to women.

Not necessarily - this drew a ‘cool waistcoat!’ from a female Young Person yesterday. She had probably worked out that it ticked all the right boxes - second hand, Ebay purchase, home made… she most likely didn't know the secret design feature of safety pins holding two of the buttons on, though.

20240217131416-8c8b52c5-me.jpg

Not necessarily - this drew a ‘cool waistcoat!’ from a female Young Person yesterday. She had probably worked out that it ticked all the right boxes - second hand, Ebay purchase, home made… she most likely didn't know the secret design feature of safety pins holding two of the buttons on, though.

20240217131416-8c8b52c5-me.jpg

Lucky you. Enjoy the moment.

I often buy cheap deck shoes to wear as slippers. They work fine and if you happen to wander out to the corner shop you look less like a lost vagrant than you would were you to stumble in wearing slippers.

I wear slippers a lot of the time, enough to wear out two pairs most years. Great for driving and i don't mind looking like a lost vagrant.

For muddy days it's cheap trainers with loose laces to slip on although i have been caught out on apparently dry days by deep wet patches of field; gives everyone a laugh when i have to be pulled out.

I wear slippers a lot of the time, enough to wear out two pairs most years. Great for driving and i don't mind looking like a lost vagrant.

For muddy days it's cheap trainers with loose laces to slip on although i have been caught out on apparently dry days by deep wet patches of field; gives everyone a laugh when i have to be pulled out.
You must wear cheap slippers. I live in Glerups slippers and expect to get at least three years out of a pair.

Going out for lunch soon.
I had a dig in one of the places were my shoes hide for years. Found these winkle-pickers that I haven’t put on for years.
Hudson, all leather, made in Italy.
They are mid-brown but look darker in the image.

IMG-1680.jpg

very comfortable despite how they look and my broad feet.

I had a dig in one of the places were my shoes hide for years. Found these winkle-pickers that I haven’t put on for years.

IMG-1680.jpg

I’d put them back in the cupboard;)

IMG-1680.jpg

Cuban Heels?

In praise of Tesco F&F slim fit black jeans.

I retired a few years ago, managed my weight down to keep myself "fit for purpose", threw away most of my wardrobe (except the bespoke suits made during my early 20s which now fit me perfectly again but now get worn rarely) and adopted my weekend black jeans and t-shirt attire with a contrasting belt as a daily "uniform". Deck shoes during the warmer/drier months and more substantial sneakers otherwise.

The cut of the two types of Tesco F&F slim fit jeans I have fits me perfectly. The fit seems to be a bit more generous than slim fit from some other brands and does not create any restriction. The 30" length is just right (and forgive me for being pleased that my waist size is now down to 32" as it was when I started as an undergraduate). The black colour does not fade with wear/washing anywhere near as fast as other black jeans I have tried.

I keep wondering if at advancing age I should adapt my wardrobe to conform to some popular convention. But then, as per the saying, I conclude that one of the few things that's good about having grown old is that you no longer have to pretend to be grown up.

I keep wondering if at advancing age I should adapt my wardrobe to conform to some popular convention

Isn’t wearing slim-fit jeans conforming to some popular convention?
They have been ‘fashionable’ for quite a while.

as for a 32” waist! I would celebrate that.

advertisement

Back