advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simon, you've just fanned the flames....during the hot weather too.

Clive, it's just a guess, but surely knowing the numbers can only clarify everyone's positions, far better than working on supposition I'm sure you'll agree?

As it happens some of us have ended with DIY amps costing around £ 500 which are a bargain and I'm not convinced the VFETS will better them.
Is it DIY nCores you say are better?
I am currently biamping with 4 x nc400 as a "short" term solution :) I am looking forward to compare them to the VFETS which I expect to better the nCores.
I hope that John manage to get the DAC array build into the VFET. Really like that idea :cool:

Could be interesting to get a pair of the modified MB8200 and compare them to the nCores.

Now there is the problem. The facts speak for themselves- lots of talk nothing delivered. What has been going on behind the scenes- who knows?
Your assumption/interpetation of John's investment is highly questionable. Does anyone really believe that John has been beavering away night and day at this? I can see no firm evidence that he is doing anything other than messing around for his own amusement and developing products to sell on the ordinary market. Then he appears on the forum saying- "look what i did for you guys".

Even if we knew the underlying facts I suspect we would disagree on their interpretation. No doubt John has spent a lot of time in a room with a lot of electronic equipment thinking about different ways of making a dac. During that period he has produced some dacs. But not ours.

No doubt for much of that period he spent more time than is healthy on a hifi forum. (err hello)

Honest guy, not honest guy- these are not necessarily the important categories.
What a ridiculous portrayal of what John has been doing. Some valid criticisms can be levelled at John in relation to project management (we all have our strengths and weaknesses) but you are just shit stirring.

My money is on 6 weeks for detox.

Maybe we should start a spreadsheet just to show what the pfm investment is? Any bets on the total, I reckon it's close to 175k

One question to ask might be how much of that £175k is left? Are there still actually funds remaining to fund the products that have been promised?

One question to ask might be how much of that £175k is left? Are there still actually funds remaining to fund the products that have been promised?

Production will be funded by the subscribers sending John payment for the ‘at cost’ board(s). That’s how it was from day 1.

What a ridiculous portrayal of what John has been doing. Some valid criticisms can be levelled at John in relation to project management (we all have our strengths and weaknesses) but you are just shit stirring.
No, I'm deadly serious. And the criticisms which can be levelled at John involve far more than project management. I don't know what has been going on behind the scenes and I doubt that you do either. You are probably a kindlier person than I am. But when I am put on the ignore list for asking perfectly sensible questions, then I feel entitled not to give someone the benefit of the doubt.
I may be right, I may be wrong.

Last edited:
Why? He reads this. He can see this genuine complaint along with many others going back months if not years.

First step should be to speak to John personally to discuss , rather than broadcast it and publicly criticise .
It’s what I would do. An opportunity to come to an agreement.
Once you have met or spoken to John you will understand that he’s a decent bloke as many have said.
The situation is not the best I admit we always knew that timescales were going to be a bit loose.

I have an estimated time in my head where I think it’s past the point of loose timescales .. I hope that things progress more quickly now that John has production items in place.

First step should be to speak to John personally to discuss , rather than broadcast it and publicly criticise .

There's nothing wrong with publich criticism. All these points have been valid. It just seems that any criticism is almost intolerable for certain members here like you or iansr. This is not a religion, why you so fanatic? You should practice tolerating and understanding other people's views more. Sheesh!!!

There's nothing wrong with publich criticism. All these points have been valid. It just seems that any criticism is almost intolerable for certain members here like you or iansr. This is not a religion, why you so fanatic? You should practice tolerating and understanding other people's views more. Sheesh!!!

Like I said it would be the first thing I would do...
Thats my opinion and I gave it to the person(s) who offered theirs ... Nothing wrong with that and in no way am I intolerable of any one else's opinion it is an online discussion FFS.

I dont agree with your view and you don't agree with mine

I have a personal investment which I do not want to jeopardise by alienating the person who has my money

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back