advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111001)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Rune

Have you tried playing any movie files out of interest, like MKV from Bluray? ...if this possible?

Thanks

As far as I can see their top DAC is around 1K euros, which is less than the MDAC2 to us, so it may become their new flagship model if its marketed at double our price? I wonder if John can just get a batch of their chasses for us, let's hope so.

Project appear to have launched an upmarket CD drive at Munich. Do they have an expensive DAC to go with it?

Actually it does look like the standalone streamer which brings limited detox capabilities for a connected PC

The ProJect Streamer is based on our Ministreamer (which is available to order in Beta form).

Obviously the Streamer Detoxification is not the full blown cleansing offered by Detox - with only a single stage of Jitter and RF attenuation and without decorrelation. The "Detox" mode has been designed into the streamer to attenuate the high Jitter levels inherent to SoC CPU's.

The streamer also lacks the RF screened isolation stages of the Detox.

No, not seen the video, but its not me...

No, it was the gentleman who runs the company - introducing new products (LP and digital) to what I think were distributors.

When he was introducing their new CD transport I'm sure he said that no transport since the original Philips had been able to extract 16 bits from a CD, and that has lead to CD sound being compressed. I'm not an engineer, but that sounded bonkers to me. Perhaps I misunderstood what he was saying.

I feel we will never see our MDAC2 unless we buy it from Project.
Must be nice for Project that some fools on Pink fisch media sponsor their designs!

The MDAC2 BOM is far too expensive for the ProJect brand and the complexities of the design not suited for Mass Production - with too many "sensitive" circuit blocks that require specialized equipment for production setup.

Pushing performance boundary inherently means pushing technology to the edge being unsuitable for mass production....

As I will be personally build and testing each MDAC2 / FDAC PCB's such "production issues" are of no concern.

No, it was the gentleman who runs the company - introducing new products (LP and digital) to what I think were distributors.

When he was introducing their new CD transport I'm sure he said that no transport since the original Philips had been able to extract 16 bits from a CD, and that has lead to CD sound being compressed. I'm not an engineer, but that sounded bonkers to me. Perhaps I misunderstood what he was saying.
It sounded bonkers to me too.

I think it’s just an announcement that they will have the same Streamer hardware (guts) that LakeWest have designed in their pipeline - the ‘detox’ is a limited version of our full fat DETOX, same design like on the dev Streamer that one of us has already gotten

Casework can assume is their making ...but it would be nice if John could ask them nicely for a few unbranded versions for our Cast on the Forum that supported the dev?

I'd like to point out that the Lakewest Ministreamer HAS been available for a few months (with Beta Casework) - yet there have been less then a handful of orders...

I just LOVE the host of negative comments that ProJect well have a version of the streamer yet there has been little interest in the Lakewest Beta units... (A Big Thank you to those who HAVE supported the MiniStreamer and provided feedback on the software :) ).

Sure, the chassis is still being improved, however all Beta unit owners will recieve the upgraded design chassis once its available and any other upgrades...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back