advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111001)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because they don't just plug into the power socket - you need to wield a soldering iron, and re-arrange the on/off switch.

Misterdog - assuming they aren't drop-in replacements, did you just lash up something on perf-board or tag strip(s)?

Wow! You got all that right in a single prediction.

Plywood for the case, free from my offcuts bin.
3 x Calex PSU's around £36 IMS.
Special single cristal copper hook up wire, recycled from a PC.
1x 10 pin plug/socket £ 2.50.
5 x super regs £ 75

5 years of my life reading this thread at say £8/hour.

So only around £ 7K :D

I wonder if misterdog will branch out supplying audiophile grade hand grown: 'Special single cristal copper hook up wire', in which case £7K would be reassuringly expensive. A misterdog PSU in a Ply case for £200? maybe put it out on tour to all the MDAC owners here? Could be a winner...:D

Might be quicker just to design a new psu board. Just a simple multiway connection fed from a five rail ldo reg unit.

Might be quicker just to design a new psu board. Just a simple multiway connection fed from a five rail ldo reg unit.

You never know what may be up John's sleeve - depending on what's already squeezed onto the MDAC2 board. Perhaps a case of 'Be careful what you wish for.....'
(Although 'Cuinas' John's DAC is remarkably quiet!)

Actually it does look like the standalone streamer which brings limited detox capabilities for a connected PC

Last edited:
I think it’s just an announcement that they will have the same Streamer hardware (guts) that LakeWest have designed in their pipeline - the ‘detox’ is a limited version of our full fat DETOX, same design like on the dev Streamer that one of us has already gotten

Casework can assume is their making ...but it would be nice if John could ask them nicely for a few unbranded versions for our Cast on the Forum that supported the dev?

Here. http://www.ldovr.com/category-s/118.htm

More here-http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendor-s-bazaar/281432-tps7a4700-ultralow-noise-ldo-regulators-pcb-5-3pins-enable-feedback-inputs.html

Avoid the cheap Chinese knock offs, they dont work !!

LT 3045 (+ve) and TPS7A3301 (-ve)

If you are interested PM me as I have some more to order. I might be able to negotiate a PFM discount.
I might be interested in one kit. I need a +-5V PSU...
Do you have more Infos and impressions?

Greatings

Do Project seriously have a product ready to go with the Detox guts inside it while john sidelines us with bullshit about complex cases that don't appear to be holding the project design back. I really would like a good explanation.

I wonder which project Pro-ject have lined up next ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back