advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00101100)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be very useful. I've followed this thread, but am still completely lost as to current status of features and pricing...

Yes me too! - the project has progressed and developed so much further that I need to sum in all up...

On the digital board - they are only used as a reference for the Digital VCXO circuit.

The BNC connectors are configurable between SPDIF or Clock I/O.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Isn't the voltage controlled crystal oscillator part of the clock circuit?

The Detox is only for connection via the USB input, normally from a computer. You don't appear to have any use for this input at the moment, so I don't think you need one. Even if later you change your mind, and the Detox is no longer available, there are other devices which do a similar job (though those of us who have a Detox on order hope those others will not be so good!).

The CD is integral- there are pictures in several of the posts from John. You will have to specify it when you order, and then you, and I, are very likely to have one of the best CD players in existence...

Hi Bob L thank you for your help you are quite right will never connect to a computer so I will not need it.
I am really excited to be on board (Paid initial money today) the pictures look really good that I have seen.
You are quite right with John W designing this we will have the best CD players in existence.
Thanks again:)

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Isn't the voltage controlled crystal oscillator part of the clock circuit?

Yes, but its controlled by a voltage output from a 24Bit DAC which is controlled via the FPGA on the digital PCB.

The FPGA determines the clock error and controls the VCXO (via the 24Bit DAC) on the Analogue PCB. When combined with a short Memory buffer the FPGA can achieve a very low PLL corner frequency with fast "adaptive locking".

can I get an AES/EBU input on my FDAC ?, spent a lot on a decent cable a few months ago and don't fancy selling it

Yes the plan is for the FDAC to have AES/EBU I/O - its important for the Pro Audio environment.

12V trigger output are on the Digital PCB.

I will "need" the ADC for measurements but i am not that interested in the phono stage, i have currently no plans for getting a turntable. I doubt johnW will ever be completely satisfied but with flexible FPGA and DSP a lot of improvements can be done later. I am confident FDAC will be very good when in comes to hardware, hopefully the best on the market.

I am interested in having active XO but i am not sure if i will get a slave unit(s) or more FDACs.

I will "need" the ADC for measurements but i am not that interested in the phono stage, i have currently no plans for getting a turntable. I doubt johnW will ever be completely satisfied but with flexible FPGA and DSP a lot of inprovements csn be done later.

I am interested in having active XO but i am not sure if i will get a slave unit(s) or more FDACs.

Depends if you need Gain with the ADC option as the L3 MM/MC allows a very flexible ADC input Gain range.

Master / Slave FDAC's are identical - so any FDAC can serve as a Slave or Master unit.

Depends if you need Gain with the ADC option as the L3 MM/MC allows a very flexible ADC input Gain range.

Master / Slave FDAC's are identical - so any FDAC can serve as a Slave or Master unit.
Of course i only need to go for fdac L2 for the slave unit(s), but i think i go for the MM/MC option for the master then.

Now i will have to decide if i will get 2 or 3 FDACs.

Of course i only need to go for fdac L2 for the slave unit(s), but i think i go for the MM/MC option for the master then.

Now i will have to decide if i will get 2 or 3 FDACs.

If I read correctly between the lines of some of John's recent posts , the decision time is last week, or thereabouts! :)

Is it still possible to connect two line sources to the L3 MM/MC?

Yes - as it so happens I'm just working on the input section.

You still have the option of 2 line level inputs on the L3 MM/MC, each can also be selected for MC or MM input (TimR :) ).

A feature I've added is an ADC / DAC internal loopback feature so we can "Remote Diagnose" issues with L3 units from the Czech Rep. over the network connection (Obviously once Jarek has the time to add the feature to the software)...

Also the owner can perform a "Self Test" of there own unit THD, DNR etc... although the ADC performance will not be as good as the DAC performance.

Great, I just order all my units L3 MM/MC with optional CD, CNC milled chassis and bulk foils :rolleyes:

I can hear my wallet scream already...

no-fdac-no.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back