advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00101011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance of balanced XLR outputs on the lite? And would there be a remote control?

Andy,

Yes the proposed FDAC Lite would have standard 3W XLR outputs and Remote control.

Its the FWC FDAC design Copy and Pasted (but with the 5W Feedback sense outputs deleted).

I updated the comparison table to clarify these points.

Well i've send Renata a e-mail, i would like to leave the project and if possible reverse my payment .

We cannot reverse payments that are over 3 months old via PayPal - and if you wish to leave the project the you would have to take you place on the wait list - we pass on your position to a new member when they join.

What do you wish use to do with your salvage MDAC? I can repair it for you and replace the capacitors as the factory parts have proven to have life time issues, I'll also add a simple sonic tweak - then ship you the unit and refund the difference once your production slot has been taken?

Are you sure regards past and copy.
It's you, JohnW. Was there ever a simple solution for you?
;-)

Fred, You understand be only to well! Copy and Paste - or it does not happen!

Now that space allows, the FDAC Analogue / DAC stages are being designed as integrated self contained sections include local PSU - so its easy to copy and paste them as "Completed" sections.

The USB / SPDIF inputs would be located where the Advance clock section are currently located on the FDAC FWC design, so in fact there's no Copy and Paste, rather Advanced clock section deleted on the Analogue board and USB input added - that would be the FDAC Lite design finished (Dominik designs the Front panel PCB).

After 4 years developing the basics of the FDAC technology I just want these projects completed (I'm truly exhausted) - with FDAC, Detox and possibly the FDAC Lite developed, I'm going to sit back and complete the VFET amplifiers as a pure pleasure project.

We cannot reverse payments that are over 3 months old - and if you wish to leave the project the you would have to take you place on the list - we pass on your position to new members.

What do you wish use to do with your Salvage MDAC? I can repair it for you and replace the capacitors as the factory parts have proven to have life time issues - I'll also add a simple sonic tweak - then ship you the unit.

I would like to sell the mdac and probably order a naim superuniti, this is a amplifier, dac and streamer in one package. My mdac works fine, but i really like the naim sound.

But i have paid 300GBP what are the possibilities? You may also send me an e-mail or pm. Thanks!

<moderating>

I very seldom pop in for a look at these threads as they tend to do their own thing in a well behaved manner, but I notice you are all now mainly talking about a new FDAC product. Would it make sense to split the threads into two for readability, i.e. the ongoing MDAC strand and a separate FDAC one? If so can someone let me have a post number as to where the split should occur and I'll do it.

Hallo John

From my point of view the lite will delays the FW FDAC quite some month.
* You have to develop the PCB, case, ectr.
* You have to organize producing, shipping, ectr.
* You will have to answer and discuss o lot of questions with / from customers.
* ectr.
perhaps there is a market for the lite. but please after the release of the FW FDAC....

Agree, my only interest is the FWC FDAC.

There's been maybe to many detours in the project already. I'd suggest us all solely supporting and focusing on the FWC FDAC.

/Lars

<moderating>

I very seldom pop in for a look at these threads as they tend to do their own thing in a well behaved manner, but I notice you are all now mainly talking about a new FDAC product. Would it make sense to split the threads into two for readability, i.e. the ongoing MDAC strand and a separate FDAC one? If so can someone let me have a post number as to where the split should occur and I'll do it.

Tony,

The FDAC and MDAC are intertwined - personally I prefer just to have an "all things FDAC / MDAC" under one common thread, we just discuss away our quite broad subjects - its a MDAC / FDAC / MDAC2 / Detox / VFET amps etc. under one single thread.

I really don't have time to be checking and replying to many different threads - for me its better under one roof, I believe its worked well for me up to now - I'm not sure how others feel?

My interest is only in the 'full fat' option too.

Any talk of the FDAC Lite has no impact on my work scheduled until say Christmas while in the meantime I concentrate on completing the FDAC FWC Analogue stage :) so I will just leave the idea out there to simmer :)

I would be interested in FDAC lite as it is closer to what MDAC2 set out to be.
And basically it looks like even more vfm as it is a working DAC instead of a PCB upgrade.
Are you sure you can do this below 250 UKP?
Before I bite the bullet I´d like to know what the bulk foil upgrade would cost.

Cheers,
Johan

I would be interested in FDAC lite as it is closer to what MDAC2 set out to be.
And basically it looks like even more vfm as it is a working DAC instead of a PCB upgrade.
Are you sure you can do this below 250 UKP?
Before I bite the bullet I´d like to know what the bulk foil upgrade would cost.

Cheers,
Johan

No not sure, but its sold "At Cost" - the big unknown is the cost of the milled Chassis - once we have the Detox pricing firm up up then we are in a better position on FDAC Lite Pricing.

The FDAC Lite's not an official project at this time - If its decide against proceeding I might still spin a "Lite" type board so that I have a working FDAC system to help me fine tune the Vishay Bulk foils positions etc. I would need there locations and numbers confirmed before we goto full production of the FWC FDAC Analogue PCB's.

The "Lite" PCB would be a nice simple "testing and evaluation" solution as the FDAC Digital PCB is not expected until April - I aim hopefully to build the FDAC Analogue boards before the Digital PCB hits production.

No not sure, but its sold "At Cost" - the big unknown is the cost of the milled Chassis - once we have the Detox pricing firm up up then we are in a better position on FDAC Lite Pricing.

The FDAC Lite's not an official project at this time - If its decide against proceeding I might still spin a "Lite" type board so that I have a working FDAC system to help me fine tune the Vishay Bulk foils positions etc. I would need there locations and numbers confirmed before we goto full production of the FWC FDAC Analogue PCB's.

The "Lite" PCB would be a nice simple solution as the FDAC Digital PCB is not expected until April - I aim to build the FDAC Analogue boards before then.

Ok, still interested but will wait until more is clear.

Happy with the developments.

Cheers,
Johan

Hi John

With all due respect I would rather wait for the FWC FDAC ...haemorrhaging too much money on bits n bobs in the interim is adding up (Detox investment was over paranoia and scheming how to pay for everything still undef the Wife's radar) :)

Hi John

With all due respect I would rather wait for the FWC FDAC ...haemorrhaging too much money on bits n bobs in the interim is adding up (Detox investment was over paranoia and scheming how to pay for everything still undef the Wife's radar) :)

Paul,

Like you said before, I'm keen on the Detox if only to have such a nice solidly milled Chassis :) Oh and our first Lakewest Product :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back