advertisement

Looking for Beautiful / different looking speakers pref floorstanders up to £2.5k / £5k if active

Yeah clearly I’m bored ;)

It’s just the birch ply I think that got me thinking - I love the layered edges but personally find the wood looks cheap.

Then again I’m a box swapper at heart - I’d probably still be looking around if I had some B&W Nautilus!! ;)
I'm not a big fan of the black hole so if it were me I would put grille cloth over the whole front cover. Or maybe some thin wood slats like those sexy B&Os up above!

Funny that’s my favourite part :)
Might change it a different coloured cloth
Not sure if wooden slats would be acoustically transparent?

Sold the Bastanis - sounded incredible, just too visually domeering in my room!

No one mentioned Gallo Strada 2.... thinking I might try some of them! :)

No one mentioned Gallo Strada 2.... thinking I might try some of them! :)

Huh. I can't see the (visual) appeal... But I'm not the customer so whatever makes you happy! ;)

1.png

I’m sure I’ll be unable to stop myself :)

Forgot to add - they have built in room correction software too! That’s what got me interested initially apart from the looks, and Cabasses reputation for passive speakers

Reactions: RoA
Just to close out thread on my quest for beautiful looking speakers :)

Finally got them installed properly and couldn’t be happier!!

Crazy to have full range speakers with amps and dacs built into the size of a medicine ball.

I’m sure there are better sounding speakers / amps / dacs out there but I’m not going to devote my life and (front room) to finding them anymore! These sound good enough for me..... and I could just stare at them for hours on end :)

picture share

Just to close out thread on my quest for beautiful looking speakers :)

Finally got them installed properly and couldn’t be happier!!

Crazy to have full range speakers with amps and dacs built into the size of a medicine ball.

I’m sure there are better sounding speakers / amps / dacs out there but I’m not going to devote my life and (front room) to finding them anymore! These sound good enough for me..... and I could just stare at them for hours on end :)

picture share

Stunning. No cables visible. The brackets also look great. Pure 60's/70's design genius.

Is there an equally unusual remote or are they app controlled?

I had to to get the brackets custom made - and yes there’s a cool little puck remote to change source / skips tracks / rotate for volume, but I’ve used the app mainly it’s pretty snappy.

they don’t follow me round the room no -
but if I play Take That they warn me to change track and that I have “20 seconds to comply”.

Yet to risk finding out what happens if I don’t - I’m guessing lasers, or possibly an old school Gatling gun drops out the bottom and I’m toast!

:)

advertisement

Back