advertisement

Looking for Beautiful / different looking speakers pref floorstanders up to £2.5k / £5k if active

Yeah, they look like CO2 detectors, or maybe one of those automatic fragrance sprayers.

ModelM1_schraegvorne_wei%C3%9F.jpg

Ooh, wait. It's a wifi smart plug (Schuko)!
But on the rear,

Keith

@Beobloke i didn’t realise Beolab had room calibration. It’s got me intrigued!

Can you tell me what the main unit / cover is made of? Is it cloth or something sturdier that cats won’t be interest in ripping?! :)

Yes, they have built-in room calibration for frequencies below 200Hz. Fair makes your eyeballs rattle when it's in action, too... :D

Sadly, yes, the main unit houses the the downward-firing 15" bass driver and a front-firing 6.5" Mid/bass unit and is completely covered by standard grille cloth. It may not be cat-compatible...

Yes, they have built-in room calibration for frequencies below 200Hz. Fair makes your eyeballs rattle when it's in action, too... :D

Sadly, yes, the main unit houses the the downward-firing 15" bass driver and a front-firing 6.5" Mid/bass unit and is completely covered by standard grille cloth. It may not be cat-compatible...

I’d certainly like to hear these in action, quite a few on ebay at various prices. I can’t decide if I like the look...have not heard B&O speakers in years though!

Having just cranked up my Bastanis - the sound is just so perfect for my ears / room. Amazing clarity and resolution, and the bass is so controlled.. deep and rich but never boomy or bloaty.

Having reviewed all the other option that suit aesthetically - I just don’t think I’ll get close soundwise anywhere to close to the money - and why bother trying?

So time for me to invest in sprucing up the Bastanis and turn them into visual as well as aural keepers!!!! :)

Maybe some nice coloured spray for cabinets and different wood or different colour for the baffle.....

DIY?
I have had good experience with a technical approach. (Perhaps as a German, I simply like this approach): Used very good hardware (Scan Speak, ATC, Volt), then I do not need to compensate for any errors in the x-over. Used an amplifier with integrated REQ (Hypex). -> Results in total: Exceptionally good speakers, at a fraction of ready-made offers.
I don't know of any providers with up-to-date hardware in the UK, even in mainland Europe I only know of AOS. But they are exquisite. This website is only available in german.

If you want something different, superbly built, very wife friendlythat also sound superb then you need to not only see but hear a pair of Beolab 18s complete with the 19s sub they are really superb, and hung on the wall they take up no room.

9mKIcwrh.jpg

Organ pipes or US truck exhaust?

Same model but with a round tweeter housing and a nice front baffle that slots on.

If this pic is your pair, why bother? Keep the things, they look very nice to my eyes! Never heard them, I have known about them for some time now though, after reading about Bastani years ago on 6moons. Yeah, think I would just enjoy them and not worry over spending silly amounts to do what? Have fun!

Yeah clearly I’m bored ;)

It’s just the birch ply I think that got me thinking - I love the layered edges but personally find the wood looks cheap.

Then again I’m a box swapper at heart - I’d probably still be looking around if I had some B&W Nautilus!! ;)

If you want something different, superbly built, very wife friendlythat also sound superb then you need to not only see but hear a pair of Beolab 18s complete with the 19s sub they are really superb, and hung on the wall they take up no room.

9mKIcwrh.jpg

Ooo yeah - and that space rock style 19 sub looks awesome!

advertisement

Back