advertisement

Line of Duty

I agree it was an anticlimax but... I think this is what Jed Mercurio is telling us about power and big organisations. Corruption hides behind incompetence, the incompetent fail upwards, and in the end nothing changes because it is not in the interest of the people at the top. The culture got them to the top and will keep them there, until they are replaced by people who are the same.
Quite.
Buckel is Boris Johnson.

It was always going to be anti-climactic as they had run out of shock revelations and there was basically nobody left for it to be so I am not sure what people expected. At least they didn't do a Sherlock and just laugh at the audience for being so stupid. It does all make sense but incompetent Slade tribute band member being the mystery was unsatisfying.

If there is a Series 7 looks like being a mild reboot with Carmichael replacing Hastings which might work.

Some good replies regarding the upper echelons of corruption being untouchable and the text re AC12 reiterated this in the last minute...

Last night I was unsatisfied and thought it was a weak ending, but in fact it highlights how AC12 and their investigations are squashed by the corruption from above and their plight is a helpless one.

Well done to Jed for making the conversation at water coolers about the bigger picture rather than a TV program.

And unconvincing. He lacks the brains to be a criminal mastermind.

He's not a criminal mastermind though -- he was just the senior copper being paid off by the OCG. It does all make sense if you grok it, but unsatisfying and not very well done so people feel let down.

So who forged Kate’s signature on the Davidson release papers & who chatted to Jo about her final job on the encrypted laptop, couldn’t have been Buckles as he was locked up? Still disappointed with the ending tbh

Was definately Buckles on the laptop because forensic analysis of his misspellings had proven it!

He's not a criminal mastermind though -- he was just the senior copper being paid off by the OCG. It does all make sense if you grok it, but unsatisfying and not very well done so people feel let down.
That's my point, in a way. He's evidently the fall guy here, which suggests he's taken one so somebody more senior, and brighter, doesn't have to.

So who forged Kate’s signature on the Davidson release papers & who chatted to Jo about her final job on the encrypted laptop, couldn’t have been Buckles as he was locked up? Still disappointed with the ending tbh
At the start of Buckles’ interview they show a laptop recovered from his cell , with his fingerprints and DNA on it.

Aston Villa fan, though - his company was called Holte End Holdings.

Was a really disappointing ending after all the build-up. Such a lame character in Buckles’ to be H.

I wonder whether they’ll do a series seven.

They jumped so many sharks all they had left was stepping over a crack in the pavement.

There'll be another series, for sure.

advertisement

Back