advertisement

Labour Leader: Keir Starmer VII

If Hutton was remotely correct there would be several countries operating such models successfully. The truth is that NL smashes all that in favour of profit.
I would go further and say that the central tenets of neoliberalism are designed to end benefit for many such as public services, in favour of profit for a few

We had an economy built on plundering the assets of other nations called Colonialism, now we have an economy built on plundering the assets of the state, our own as well as those of other countries.

Some people seem to think this is a good thing that is compatible with Labour values.

They’re wrong. They are in ideological conflict.

This is a great reminder of just what a knobhead Corbyn was when asked any question by the press (Sky News). This is exactly what drove me so mad over the Brexit period. It is why I really grew to dislike the guy as time went on. Always evasive, always petulant/arrogant, always with the deflection. Just as bad as Blair, Cameron, Johnson and the rest of them. Just answer the bloody question!

PS I still think Starmer is 100% wrong to purge him from the party.

This is a great reminder of just what a knobhead Corbyn was when asked any question by the press (Sky News). This is exactly what drove me so mad over the Brexit period. It is why I really grew to dislike the guy as time went on. Always evasive, always petulant/arrogant, always with the deflection. Just as bad as Blair, Cameron, Johnson and the rest of them. Just answer the bloody question!

PS I still think Starmer is 100% wrong to purge him from the party.
He wasn’t being evasive, how can he answer a question about his future in the Labour Party when his future in the Labour Party is not in his hands. It was a bloody stupid question from a deplorable type of news ‘reporting’. I condemned this type of doorstepping when it was done to Johnson. It isn’t reporting, it’s crap journalism.

Last edited:
The question was “Are you going to stand as an independent?”. The answer was “thank you, goodbye”. He’s a prick.

The question was “Are you going to stand as an independent?”. The answer was “thank you, goodbye”. He’s a prick.
Still a bloody stupid question. While there is talk of passing a motion blocking him from being an MP, that motion has not yet been passed, so why should have made plans to stand as an independent, in fact the last I heard Corbyn said he ‘was going nowhere’. The problem is the Labour Purges, not Corbyn for refusing to answer a bloody stupid question. You say you are 100% against the purges, but spend most of your time attacking the latest victim of those purges.

Still a bloody stupid question. While there is talk of passing a motion blocking him from being an MP, that motion has not yet been passed, so why should have made plans to stand as an independent, in fact the last I heard Corbyn said he ‘was going nowhere’. The problem is the Labour Purges, not Corbyn for refusing to answer a bloody stupid question. You say you are 100% against the purges, but spend most of your time attacking the latest victim of those purges.

To recap: the leader of the UK’s secondary political party and our alleged ‘opposition’ is in the process of purging a former leader from the party. If this isn’t a national interest story I don’t know what the hell is! The reporter’s question was entirely fair, balance and deserved vastly more than the usual evasive deflection she got.

This story is of global interest, it is absolutely huge. Conceptually of a similar level to say Netanyahu’s recent sacking of his defence minister. The equivalent of the Republican Party banning Trump from standing in 2024. It is the most bigglyest of news.

PS For clarity the correct answer would have been along the lines of: “I’m sorry, but I just don’t know. The process is still ongoing so I don’t know the outcome, plus as a proud Labour member for (x) years this really is a huge deal for me and I need to weigh up my options very carefully”.

He would have known such a question was likely next time he left his house so could easily have got an answer prepared. The “thank you, goodbye” thing just really grates with me. I view it as private school arrogance and entitlement, just as I do with Cameron, Johnson etc. It really pisses me off! I found it infuriating with Brexit and had he tried it in person I’d have told him to &*** right off.

He can't answer the question - probably on instruction from his legal team. Obviously it's unlawful to say in advance that Corbyn can't stand, but if he answers 'yes' then he expels himself.

BTW I think his school was a voluntary aided grammar school (i.e a state school.) He was not a boarder.

He can't answer the question - probably on instruction from his legal team. Obviously it's unlawful to say in advance that Corbyn can't stand, but if he answers 'yes' then he expels himself.

I added a PS to my post above. He could have answered perfectly well without committing. If his IQ is above about 80 he would have been expecting the question next time he walked out of his front door. It takes a remarkable arrogance and entitlement to answer an easily predicted question that badly.

Man’s being trolled by the same ****s that hounded him for years, smeared him personally and the left generally, bullshat Johnson into office and are now sucking off his corrupt and duplicitous successor as he goes about setting fire to what’s left of opposition politics. He doesn’t owe the scumbags anything, doesn’t owe anyone anything.

I added a PS to my post above. He could have answered perfectly well without committing. If his IQ is above about 80 he would have been expecting the question next time he walked out of his front door. It takes a remarkable arrogance and entitlement to answer an easily predicted question that badly.

He's probably been told not to engage at all.

He doesn’t owe the scumbags anything, doesn’t owe anyone anything.

We are paying his wage. I expect nothing less than intense press scrutiny on all aspects of our politics. That includes the Labour Party. I’m perfectly happy to see them on the end of Al Jazeera leaks, Led By Donkey-style stings etc. Brightest spotlights possible, and that includes picking over the likes of Corbyn as well as Starmer, and Tories like Hancock, Brady etc. All of them need the same treatment. Don’t like scrutiny? Don’t apply for the job.

Honestly, **** all that we pay their wages shit. He represents his constituents. He’s under no obligation to indulge the bastards camping on his doorstep, any more than a celebrity has to indulge the paparazzi, for your entertainment or anyone else’s. Not what he was elected to do. This isn’t “scrutiny” it’s mindless panto.

How’s that?

MPs are paid by us to allegedly represent us. It is hardly a secret. £84k a year IIRC. Who do you think pays their wage?

PS It always amazes me the way the political left only want scrutiny of the right. They hate it when the spotlight is shone on them. Pure tribalism.

MPs are paid by us to allegedly represent us. It is hardly a secret. £84k a year IIRC.

PS It always amazes me the way the political left only want scrutiny of the right. They hate it when the spotlight is shone on them. Pure tribalism.
They are not paid by us. But they are paid to represent their constituents.

Your focus on a dumbass question is deflecting scrutiny away from the Labour Party purges that you are 100% against. I have not said anything about avoiding scrutiny, this is not about scrutiny, it’s about scapegoating and your own personal anti Corbyn agenda

MPs are paid by us to allegedly represent us. It is hardly a secret. £84k a year IIRC.

This is not “scrutiny”. Hand-picked journos passing on incriminating footage of some Tory or other at a time that suits their clients is *also* not “scrutiny”. British political journalism as a whole is not engaged in the process of scrutiny:what it offers instead is gossip, panto, hit-jobs for cash and access. Doesn’t matter the party or the person. I do think you know this but you seem unable to see past terms like tribalism and scrutiny, especially when Corbyn’s involved, for whatever reason.

advertisement

Back