advertisement

Labour Leader: Keir Starmer II

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 Labour execs resign from CLP blaming Starmer's move to the right and neoliberalism.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/18696503.10-labour-execs-resign-new-direction/

“We all now feel that with the direction being taken by the leadership towards a more neo-liberal stance it is right the executive baton should be handed over to those that share the direction of the leadership.

“We will remain supportive members of the party but it would be doing an injustice to the wonderful membership if we continued in our roles half-heartedly.”

The left of the party have a long way to go before they can match the right’s tone of pissy entitled resentment.

If anyone needs coaching in that department my services are available.

Starmer comes out swinging...

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1302582874659528706

... against, errm, climate protestors.

Moral cowardice.

The irony is it won't do him any good. When the time comes, the far-right press will screw him over anyway (assuming he sticks with anything to the left of Blair), no matter how much he tries to appease them.

Makes you weep - he'd dissociate himself from his own kids if he thought it would help his cause

Starmer comes out swinging...

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1302582874659528706

... against, errm, climate protestors.

Moral cowardice.

The irony is it won't do him any good. When the time comes, the far-right press will screw him over anyway (assuming he sticks with anything to the left of Blair), no matter how much he tries to appease them.
This is like when Miliband posed for a photo holding up The Sun. Murdoch went really easy on him after that so this will definitely work.

Does seem a wrong headed move by Starmer but can’t say I’m that bothered compared to the pathetic muck raking BJ is about to embark on.

It is possible to be in favour of environment friendly policies & against the Extinction Rebellion tactics.

I generally find them annoying but was greatly amused by the mass ride they did on a section of dual carriageway last weekend.

What about 'Stop Funding Hate'? Doesn't this also aim to de-fund the media because it disagrees with its approach. Are you opposed to that, too?
How is this relevant to Extinction rebellion?

Advertisers will pull content from titles if it has a negative effect on their brand. I work on the other side of the fence & know how seriously some advertisers take this.

It is possible to be in favour of environment friendly policies & against the Extinction Rebellion tactics.

I generally find them annoying but was greatly amused by the mass ride they did on a section of dual carriageway last weekend.
I think the question is, Is it possible to disagree with XR’s tactics without reinforcing the nonsensical, bad faith arguments currently being used against you by right wing sh-tbags. A free press, FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back