advertisement

Labour Leader: Keir Starmer II

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't go all Spinal Tap on BLM because the working class voters he needs to win back to get into No.10 aren't too fussed about BLM. That might not play well on PFM but it hints at a party that is learning that going full-on woke doesn't win elections (not to mention it would give the Cons some easy target practise).
Exactly! Pick your battles. You can’t do anything about racism unless you’re in power, and you can’t get into power without being racist. That’s just the reality of the situation and if you want to govern, rather than merely protest, then that reality has to be faced.

He didn't go all Spinal Tap on BLM because the working class voters he needs to win back to get into No.10 aren't too fussed about BLM. That might not play well on PFM but it hints at a party that is learning that going full-on woke doesn't win elections (not to mention it would give the Cons some easy target practise).

He pitched it so "correctly" that even Farange agreed with him - sickening. Meanwhile the body of a 16 year old boy has been washed up on the beach as Labour, quite pitifully, supports the racist Government. It's not possible to combat racism while pandering to it, that makes the situation considerably worse.

Last edited:
Yeah, better not upset the racists:

https://twitter.com/ClientJournoExp/status/1296082357758373890

Cry a few crocodile tears but don't, on any account, make the case for safe routes for refugees.

Gavreid’s not in the mood for humour and he’s right the refugee drowning today is shaming for the two modern, Western supposedly civilised countries that border the Channel.

Gavreid’s not in the mood for humour and he’s right the refugee drowning today is shaming for the two modern, Western supposedly civilised countries that border the Channel.
Apologies if my comment appeared crass in that context, not my intention as I tend to avoid posts by him.

Yes, the drowning is tragedy & there has to be a better solution to spectating while desperate people cross the channel on inflatables.

I read a Starmer comment about it being above all else a humanitarian crisis on the main BBC website - does that count as providing some moral authority?

Keir Starmer (@Keir_Starmer) Tweeted:
The death of a 16 year-old child in the Channel is a tragedy. My thoughts are with his loved ones.

This is a humanitarian crisis that needs a compassionate response.

@nicktorfaen wrote to the Home Secretary last week to demand an urgent change in approach from the Government.

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1296058692148826118?s=20

Y
ou can read the letter from last week there as well if you want to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back