advertisement

Labour at it again... anti-Semitism... #II

Finkelstein is exactly the sort of political outlier/conspiracy theorist I’d expect you and MaxFlinn to fawn over, and just the type the rest of us view with a considerable degree of skepticism! His Wikipedia entry is a very interesting read, and I’d strongly suggest folk did so before wasting time on RT videos or placing any weight on his preachings. File under: ‘a slightly different George Galloway’.
Finkelstein is no conspiracy theorist.

Do you remember the thread someone posted here a while back highlighting how pro-Israeli people were continuously editing the Wiki pages of those opposed to the illegal Israeli occupation, and opposed to war...

I urge people to listen to Finkelstein. He's a very clever man.

And by association the woman from Jewish Voice For Labour? All voices that speak out in support of Corbyn?
If the panorama prog was impartial, why did it not interview any JVFL members?

Last edited:
If you've given up on trying to learn the truth, no doubt many others have too...

I’ve not “given up on learning the “truth””, I just feel I have vastly better options available to me than a fractured divided party where neither its MPs, Lords, membership or electorate are even remotely on the same page. That’s before we even get to the likes of Hoey, Mann, McCluskey, Flint and all the other absolute deal-breakers for pro-EU anti-nationalists such as myself. Labour are an utter joke I want no part of! As such why would I waste my time researching yet another splinter within? It is irrelevant, the party are clearly unelectable at present.

I’ve not “given up on learning the “truth””, I just feel I have vastly better options available to me than a fractured divided party where neither its MPs, Lords, membership or electorate are in even remotely the same page. That’s before we even get to the likes or Hoey, Mann, McCluskey and all the other absolute deal-breakers for pro-EU anti-nationalists such as myself. Labour are an utter joke I want no part of!

I was referring to the Woman in the video. She describes how the campaign started even before Corbyn was elected. To the best of my knowledge the first attack came when Malia Bouattia was elected the first Muslim woman President of NUS

Here's the Steve Bell cartoon the Guardian censored

bell1web.jpg

bell3web.jpg

The Panorama prog' didn't need to interview any JVFP members to do its' job professionaly and appropriately. That is investigative journalism publishing robust credible evidence of a serious problem that is of public interest. Throughout the prog' Labours' responses and rebuttals were given (they were consulted during production/post production), so much inherent balance.

John Ware has a long history of campaigning against Corbyn and using false evidence against him. One more example of an acute lack of impartiality and balance here

“sent a copy of Mr Corbyn’s diary to prove he did not attend a conference in Cairo that advocated attacks on British and American troops, as was stated by the programme's presenter, John Ware.“
Still waiting for actual evidence to support the allegations in the Panorama prog.

RT holds the OFCOM record for ....

that is irrelevant when it is an interview between two people with outstanding reputations which we are able to watch and make up our minds about. unless of course, you think authoritarianism is the way to go.

Lots of shooting the messenger on here coming from people who condemned shooting the messenger when it came to the Panorama programme

it's not even shooting the messenger. it's shooting the person who rented a horse to the messenger.

Centre left media closing ranks:

https://twitter.com/samfoster99/status/1152139989637128192?s=21

Wild leftist Simon Wren Lewis spiked by New Statesman for suggesting that centre left might consider getting behind Corbyn, given that he’s the only realistic means of stopping Johnson. Bit close to the bone I guess.

It's a tremendous shame/disgrace what they're doing to the Labour Party for their own ends. Let's not forget that Corbyn was the only candidate of the left who could have appeared on the ballot paper, so it is he we have.

Centre left media closing ranks:

https://twitter.com/samfoster99/status/1152139989637128192?s=21

Wild leftist Simon Wren Lewis spiked by New Statesman for suggesting that centre left might consider getting behind Corbyn, given that he’s the only realistic means of stopping Johnson. Bit close to the bone I guess.
The Steve Bell cartoon above nails it. There is a very well funded right wing collective interest being brought against the left.

Predictably, Wren-Lewis is being accused of deflection and antisemitism. His post on the reaction to his article is worth quoting at some length:

Another comment I received is that there are no degrees of racism. I think this is nonsense. Once again it is useful to compare the two main parties. Both leaders are accused of being racist. With Corbyn the evidence amounts to things like not recognising antisemitic tropes in a painting, not mentioning someones antisemitism in an introduction to a book, or being associated with antisemitic people as part of his support for statehood for Palestine. With Johnson we have someone who has compared Muslim women in a certain dress to letterboxes (and those are not his only racist slurs), and who has supported a racist policy: a hostile environment that saw the deportation of members of the Windrush generation. Are these really equivalent?

Or let us look at the two parties. The Labour party has been accused at operating an inefficient disciplinary process for antisemitism or worse, of leadership interference in this process. The Conservative party routinely lets those exposed of making racist comments back in after a few months of ‘re-education’, and has just voted for a leader who makes racist remarks because most members show racist tendencies (to put it too mildly). Are these really equivalent?

Going beyond the UK, is telling non-white Congresswomen born in America to go back home to the crime infested countries they came from the same as anything Corbyn has done? The thing about the antisemitism in the Labour party is it involves no policy against Jewish people and it involves no language by members of the Labour leadership team against Jewish people. Some Labour party members are antisemitic, but there is no evidence that this number is unusually high compared to the population at large. When people try to equate antisemitism within the Labour party to racism in the Tory party they ignore these points.
Next week the Labour lords are planning a vote of no confidence in Corbyn. They don't have any alternative plans for dealing with antisemitism, they don't have any alternative policies or strategies, and they don't have an alternative candidate. It's strictly a wrecking operation designed to establish an equivalence between the far right and the only force capable of taking it on. The whole thing is utterly reckless.

one of the central allegations against Corbyn in the whole AS thing, has been that he has been too slow to act.

It now seems that some of the very people who have been making those accusations are the people responsible for deliberately implementing the delays

Iain McNicol as Labour General Secretary was head of the NEC until 2018.

Sam Matthews was Chief Investigations Officer under McNicol until 2018.

Both appeared on the Panorama prog.

In the case of Council candidate Alan Bull, who posted clear AS comments on Facebook, it was Matthews who twice chose not suspension, but an investigation, but more revealing is his comment that;

The NEC last year agreed that suspensions should be used exceedingly sparingly”
Iain, now Lord McNicol was the man who oversaw that directive. Sam Matthews acted on it without complaint

Delays, downgrading and the problems of dealing with AS were a deliberate policy created by Corbyn opponents.

These people are political opportunists with an agenda that overrides any consideration of actually doing something about AS.

48322990611_fceb034cce_b.jpg

It's not all about the sainted leader.

Still seeking actual evidence to support the actual evidence in the Panorama prog.

that is irrelevant when it is an interview between two people with outstanding reputations which we are able to watch and make up our minds about.

Obviously not e.g. it is an interview, but edited by RT. Who knows what they cut, or manipulated?
RT is notorious for extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news.

unless of course, you think authoritarianism is the way to go.

Ironically it appears you risk being played by those with authoritarian intent.

it's not even shooting the messenger. it's shooting the person who rented a horse to the messenger.

More like you shooting yourself in the foot.

Very droll!

advertisement

Back