advertisement

Labour at it again... anti-Semitism... #II

Professor Norman Finkelstein on as he puts it: 'the contrived, fabricated, absurd anti-Semitism scandal'

This man is very smart and knowledgeable and well worth a listen.

RT is a certified shonky source of information.

Screen-Shot-2019-07-18-at-23-54-25.png

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/rt-news/

RT is a certified shonky source of information.

so you don't know who norman finkelstein is? OK, that's sort of forgivable. what you posted in response is not. the interesting part is that the perspective presented is about as left as it gets -- so one wonders about where the actual propaganda is coming from.

so you don't know who norman finkelstein is? OK, that's sort of forgivable. what you posted in response is not. the interesting part is that the perspective presented is about as left as it gets -- so one wonders about where the actual propaganda is coming from.

Propaganda comes from propagandists, so one wonders where you get your information from.

Propaganda comes from propagandists, so one wonders where you get your information from.

back to specifics, which you are avoiding.

here is journalist/activist (climate and anti-war) dahr jamail on democracy now interviewed by amy goodman (published today):

here he is interviewed by chris hedges on RT a few months ago:

are amy goodman and chris hedges propagandists to you? is "democracy now" to be shunned?

there is certainly some bad stuff on RT -- i don't really think jesse ventura is a good advocate for anything, even when it's a good cause -- but to dismiss comprehensively one of the few vehicles for honest, independent journalists is, at best, lazy.

Professor Norman Finkelstein on as he puts it: 'the contrived, fabricated, absurd anti-Semitism scandal'

This man is very smart and knowledgeable and well worth a listen.

thanks for the link max. finkelstein is one of the most decent people in the world, aside from being incredibly intelligent and insightful. way way before trump, america essentially eliminated him from public/academic life.

Lots of shooting the messenger on here coming from people who condemned shooting the messenger when it came to the Panorama programme

Further questions about the veracity and independence of the Panorama programme about the author. John Ware has been accused of being Islamophobia and the BBC has had to apologise for his false accusations against Muslims in the past.

Further evidence of John Ware’s Islamophobia here. It is ostensibly a piece about terrorism, but he conflates terrorism with Islam in a way and using language that appears to reveal a deep seated prejudice

I know very well who Norman Finklestein is. Within the vast and varied spectrum of Jewish commentators he has been an "enfant terrible" for the past 30 years. He usually makes some interesting and enlightening points, but his position is invariably "anti" in the extreme. I'm not surprised that Max finds him "smart and knowledgeable" because he says exactly what Max wants to hear.

Finkelstein is exactly the sort of political outlier/conspiracy theorist I’d expect you and MaxFlinn to fawn over, and just the type the rest of us view with a considerable degree of skepticism! His Wikipedia entry is a very interesting read, and I’d strongly suggest folk did so before wasting time on RT videos or placing any weight on his preachings. File under: ‘a slightly different George Galloway’.

One doesn't have to watch RT for very long to realize it is a propaganda tool for Russia, which happens to employ idiots like George Galloway. Not everything on it is bad. For instance Jose Mourinho has his own football show. The news programmes are heavily slanted though.

There again I think the BBC ones are as well. This doesn't mean that May, Mogg and Johnson, directly tell the BBC what to make and say. However the programmes reflect the establishment's view a lot of the time. This was true of the Panorama AS documentary.

This doesn't excuse the antiSemitism uncovered by it. I don't however happen to trust all of the whistleblowers, or indeed the director. If you watch Al Jazeera's The Lobby you'll see why.

Although the Qatari broadcaster Al Jazeera is state funded, I find it more balanced and full of newsworthy stories than the BBC and Sky. I also like its motto "The Opinion and The Other Opinion."

Corbyn and Labour need to properly sort out the AS in Labour. I am very much pro-Palestinian and a two state solution, but it is obvious Labour has a problem. As Emily Thornberry kind of said: don't shoot the messenger, listen to the message.

Labour can moan about Tory control of the press and broadcasters until Marx is reanimated, it won't make any difference unless there is a proper revolution.

The latter isn't going to come through Corbyn and the current Labour Party. Being AS and a Little Englander isn't the kind of revolution I had in mind.

Jack

Whichever way you look, it's a massive failure of leadership. A good leader brings opposing forces together, has a positive message, aspirational even.

back to specifics, which you are avoiding.

This thread contains some posts where I have addressed the specifics.

there is certainly some bad stuff on RT -- i don't really think jesse ventura is a good advocate for anything, even when it's a good cause -- but to dismiss comprehensively one of the few vehicles for honest, independent journalists is, at best, lazy.

RT holds the OFCOM record for the most complaints upheld, + fines & other penalties imposed on a UK based broadcaster.
It's your prerogative to cite RT, but it's mine to remind the lil' fish what a spectacularly sh1t source of info' it is.

tl/dr: know the messenger warts 'n' all, or risk floundering around in ignorance/fake news/etc.

Last edited:
Labour can moan about Tory control of the press and broadcasters until Marx is reanimated, it won't make any difference unless there is a proper revolution.

Marx made some very anti-semitic statements in his time (and he didn't have the excuse that he was simply criticising the actions of the state of Israel).

Finkelstein is exactly the sort of political outlier/conspiracy theorist I’d expect you and MaxFlinn to fawn over, and just the type the rest of us view with a considerable degree of skepticism! His Wikipedia entry is a very interesting read, and I’d strongly suggest folk did so before wasting time on RT videos or placing any weight on his preachings. File under: ‘a slightly different George Galloway’.

And by association the woman from Jewish Voice For Labour? All voices that speak out in support of Corbyn?

And by association the woman from Jewish Voice For Labour? All voices that speak out in support of Corbyn?

One would have to research them on a case by case basis, which is for people who support or wish to promote Labour to do. It’s none of my business as they just aren’t a party I can take seriously at present.

One would have to research them on a case by case basis, which is for people who support or wish to promote Labour to do. It’s none of my business as they just aren’t a party I can take seriously at present.

And therein lies the problem - this campaign will continue because it is proving to be extremely effective. If you've given up on trying to learn the truth, no doubt many others have too...

advertisement

Back