advertisement

King Charles III

No what I see is evidence of the same entrenched views that were once radical but are not aligned with the views of the younger generation, myself included.
When were your views aligned with the younger generation Mick, I mean the generation that existed outside of the Young Conservatives?

When were your views aligned with the younger generation Mick, I mean the generation that existed outside of the Young Conservatives?
We were in power most of the time, so politically I was in tune.

However that was then not today. The worst thing about old people is that they hate giving up power.

Anyway I have to go - the supermarket awaits.

No what I see is evidence of the same entrenched views that were once radical but are not aligned with the views of the younger generation, myself included.

One thing the over sixties need to accept is that they made a good job of what they did in their younger days but today the future has to belong to the young.

Please remember I am only talking about high office, not sitting on the local park committee.

Sixty is not old these days. The average baby girl born today will live past 100. That aside, the Lords may be a bit dusty but they seem far more sensible than the other bit which has a far younger profile.

Old people are destroying your democratic system. Would you honestly trust the judgement of Nancy Pelosi?
How old are you, Mick?

I resent being dismissed with such a sweeping generalisation. I’m 65 this year, launched my own business last year and took up indoor climbing aged 62. Hardly stuck in my ways. :rolleyes:

Old people are destroying your democratic system. Would you honestly trust the judgement of Nancy Pelosi?

Would you trust the judgement of Marjorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Boebert or Matt Gaetz here in the US? They're certainly young and mighty enthusiastic! They're also bat-shit crazy demagogues who advocated the overthrow of the government because they were told to disagree with the election results. I'll take Nancy any day.

The second house needs to be elected, but by a different method and 2 years after the main house.
I would suggest a true single transferable vote system and a PR system. Both much fairer than FPTP

Like it or not, older people usually have a wisdom derived from personal experience and from watching things happen over the decades that young people do not. This is a gross generalisation, of course, but still valid.

What people forget about useless older people is that they used to be useless young people, age gives useful experience to those smart enough to make use of it.

The main group who voted for Brexit were the over sixties and this was across the political spectrum. It's the generations behind them who will suffer the stupidity of that decision. Where was the "wisdom derived from
personal experience and from watching things happen over the decades" demonstrated on that occasion.

Unfortunately age tends to retain many old habits and prejudices.

60 is a good age to start pruning your roses a bit more often and leave running the country to those in their 50s.

Sixty is not old these days. The average baby girl born today will live past 100. That aside, the Lords may be a bit dusty but they seem far more sensible than the other bit which has a far younger profile.
link to science please. I mean SCIENCE not tabloid 'facts'

We were in power most of the time, so politically I was in tune.

However that was then not today. The worst thing about old people is that they hate giving up power.

Anyway I have to go - the supermarket awaits.
They hate giving up power to you. So there's some reason you should have the power? Let's hear it.

Even KC was a bit shocked by the new portrait.

In terms of the symbolism of the red?

'Satanic' is trending on Twitter but I think he is signalling support for a Labour government. Don't forget Liz's hat.

Even KC was a bit shocked by the new portrait.

In terms of the symbolism of the red?

'Satanic' is trending on Twitter but I think he is signalling support for a Labour government. Don't forget Liz's hat.

I hope it’s not a portent-I’m sure Sarah Vine will confirm either way: is it a manifestation of the woke agenda or is it the ghost of Henry V back to save England from the woke agenda?

Im now beginning to see that the monarchy is facing an existential threat on a scale I wouldn’t have imagined during the reign of Elizabeth II, set against the chaos of 14 years of government where rows over the colour of lanyards or footballers not getting on with the day job are among the principal business of government.

You get the feeling that the whole bloody Panto could come crashing down. Speaking of Panto, my favourite Carolean portrait- 6’2”in his satin bloomers, taller if you include the Mickey Mouse ears.

yqBchk0.jpeg

advertisement

Back