advertisement

King Charles III

Mick P is a grifter?

Lets just say I have little respect for his career path which, from what he has endlessly boasted here, was built upon stabbing Royal Mail trade unionists in the back after grabbing a full gold-plated pension they had won, and then moving off into grotesquely overpaid PFI spivery at all our expense. PFI was arguably the biggest grift of the modern era. Certainly until the covid, freeports etc scams the full on shamelessly criminal modern Tories (not Mick to my knowledge) have moved onto. I personally view Tories as inherently crooked. There is always a hand in the public purse somewhere. It may not be illegal under the laws they have defined for themselves, but it is certainly not moral. Not IMHO anyway.

You are stating your case now, so you have every opportunity to vote for a party that supports your views. Your problem is that most people switch between Labour and Tory on a regular basis, they just pick the better one at the time and both generally will never abolish the Monarchy.

You argue your case well but you really are in a minority on this and you have a tremendous slog ahead of you to get them removed.
Yes, very agree that getting rid of the monarchy is difficult, but it is the very fact that a anti-democratic institution like the monarchy is so engrained into our democracy that underlines one of the fundamental weakness of democracy itself.

The world situation can`t be nearly as bad as some make out, the main news in most papers today is that Bigears went to church yesterday.
Whether or not you think of it as trivia, billions of people cast over the globe are interested and that's why it's a regular topic.

The world situation can`t be nearly as bad as some make out, the main news in most papers today is that Bigears went to church yesterday.

That's King Bigears to you.

I liked how King Charlie used his Easter message to say Jesus set an "example of how we should serve and care for each other" and he follows Jesus' example "not to be served but to serve".

Presumably Charlie ignores any awkward bits about Jesus not really supporting living in multiple palaces and employing servants to iron your shoelaces and boil your eggs. šŸ¤

That's King Bigears to you.

I liked how King Charlie used his Easter message to say Jesus set an "example of how we should serve and care for each other" and he follows Jesus' example "not to be served but to serve".
The fact that such wild hypocrisy is imbibed without question is symptomatic of our growing democratic deficit

Leaving hospital.
If he gave a solitary f*ck about his subjects.
Estimated 14,000 excess deaths due to A&E wait times.
If Charles was serious about ā€œservingā€, he would serve those on waiting lists. He could serve them just by saying something. But he chooses silence.

He doesnā€™t because he actually has no conception of what the life of the majority of his subjects is like. He is ignorant of most peopleā€™s reality

This thread popped up under New Posts so thought I'd drop by for the first time and see what it's all about. I think I have the gist of it. Seems a few people don't like having a king.

I recognise only one king.

Best-top-desktop-elvis-presley-wallpapers-hd-elvis-wallpaper-picture-image-foto-6.jpg

I didn't vote for him.
I'm guessing you didn't vote for Sunak either. Yes, I know we vote for our constituency MP, a mere technicality.

Crikey, if we can have a referendum on something as epoch-shaping as Brexit, holding a referendum on abolishing the monachy shouldn't be too hard.

advertisement

Back