advertisement

King Charles III

Young woman with young family diagnosed with cancer. Very sad, hope she recovers.

Young woman receives best possible treatment money can buy, without delay.

Hundreds of young woman’s future ‘subjects’ diagnosed with cancer every day. Vast majority face dreadful, stressful delays in referral to oncology, biopsy, result and commencement of treatment; many will die due to these delays.

Media prostates itself in nauseating manner, even ’serious‘ news outfits like Channel 4 News devote almost whole hour to coverage of one unfortunate individual.

Meanwhile, forty people are blown to bits in a Moscow theatre.

Young woman with young family diagnosed with cancer. Very sad, hope she recovers.

Hundreds of young woman’s future ‘subjects’ diagnosed with cancer every day. Vast majority face dreadful, stressful delays in referral to oncology, biopsy, result and commencement of treatment; many will die due to these delays.

Media prostates itself in nauseating manner, even ’serious‘ news outfits like Channel 4 News devote almost whole hour to coverage of one unfortunate individual.

News is news. Every Sunday my news paper is full of reports on silly things called football matches. I simply just turn the pages and it's no big deal.

If the health of a popular future Queen of Great Britain is of no interest to you, just look at something else that interests you.

News is news. Every Sunday my news paper is full of reports on silly things called football matches. I simply just turn the pages and it's no big deal.

If the health of a popular future Queen of Great Britain is of no interest to you, just look at something else that interests you.
The big deal Mick, is when I tune into the only terrestrial news programme worth watching, only to find blanket coverage of a story that, whilst tragic, is in no way deserving of the blanket coverage it receives. Yes I could look at something else, but there is a limit to how many Palestinians I can watch being slaughtered on Al Jazeera before becoming numbed.

I‘d be far more interested in the dreadful infraction you committed that saw you being ejected from the Moonraker Round Table, that you seem reticent to disclose.

The big deal Mick, is when I tune into the only terrestrial news programme worth watching, only to find blanket coverage of a story that, whilst tragic, is in no way deserving of the blanket coverage it receives. Yes I could look at something else, but there is a limit to how many Palestinians I can watch being slaughtered on Al Jazeera before becoming numbed.

I‘d be far more interested in the dreadful infraction you committed that saw you being ejected from the Moonraker Round Table, that you seem reticent to disclose.
Everyone is interested in something that bores the pants off someone else. You cannot expect every headline to be of interest to you. Calm down Dear, something interesting to you will soon crop up.

The difference between Football and The Monarchy is that does not impact the public purse, whereas the Monarchy does. Football does not have to impact your life if you choose to ignore it, the monarchy still makes decisions that materially impact everyone.

If the Monarchy was funded by admission fees and subscriber TV, you might have a point, until then the monarchy is of interest precisely because it does have an impact

Everyone is interested in something that bores the pants off someone else. You cannot expect every headline to be of interest to you. Calm down Dear, something interesting to you will soon crop up.

As a Tory activist/grifter I can understand why you would so welcome a total news blockage such as this to deflect from your party’s ongoing failure and corruption. Many of the rest of us are already annoyed by the mass parasocial hysteria the right-wing media is churning out 24/7 over what is really a total non-story. A woman has cancer. Whilst sad, this is not news. Hundreds of thousands are in the same position. I had to turn Sky News off as there was nothing else for half an hour. A manufactured gammon panic.

You quit the Tories. You’re pro-immigration. You’d now be comfortable with a Labour government. And you now refer to me as ‘dear,’ I’m touched.

Karl Marx wrote in The Communist Manifesto that “all that is solid melts into air, all that is holy is profaned, and man is at last compelled to face with sober senses his real conditions of life, and his relations with his kind.”

You should give it a go Mick, your new enlightened self might find it more fascinating than you could ever have imagined. I’ll gladly lend you my copy.

As a Tory activist/grifter I can understand why you would so welcome a total news blockage such as this to deflect from your party’s ongoing failure and corruption. Many of the rest of us are already annoyed by the mass parasocial hysteria the right-wing media is churning out 24/7 over what is really a total non-story. A woman has cancer. Whilst sad, this is not news. Hundreds of thousands are in the same position. I had to turn Sky News off as there was nothing else for half an hour. A manufactured gammon panic.
It may not interest you and thousands of others but it is of worldwide interest. She is the future Queen of Great Britain, so you know there will be coverage.

Normally I would say to you - 'if you don't like it, nothing to stop you emigrating" but the reality is that this has as much coverage abroad as it does here. Billions of people are interested in the UK Monarchy because it's almost unique.

Just accept the fact that you are in a minority on this.

It may not interest you and thousands of others but it is of worldwide interest. She is the future Queen of Great Britain, so you know there will be coverage.

Normally I would say to you - 'if you don't like it, nothing to stop you emigrating" but the reality is that this has as much coverage abroad as it does here. Billions of people are interested in the UK Monarchy because it's almost unique.

Just accept the fact that you are in a minority on this.
No. The majority of people do not support the monarchy. Support for the monarchy has now fallen below 50%.

You quit the Tories. You’re pro-immigration. You’d now be comfortable with a Labour government. And you now refer to me as ‘dear,’ I’m touched.

Karl Marx wrote in The Communist Manifesto that “all that is solid melts into air, all that is holy is profaned, and man is at last compelled to face with sober senses his real conditions of life, and his relations with his kind.”

You should give it a go Mick, your new enlightened self might find it more fascinating than you could ever have imagined. I’ll gladly lend you my copy.
I suppose my problem is that for 99% of my life I have been content with my lot. I am not jealous of anyone. I worked, earned money and spent it. Bit of a simple approach but it works for me.

No. The majority of people do not support the monarchy. Support for the monarchy has now fallen below 50%.
That are dozens of polls with different results.

If removing the Monarchy is import to you, just find a party that wants them out and then vote for them. That's democracy in action.

I doubt very much that Tony is in a minority. I'm not that widely travelled but in my experience forriners see the royals as a soap opera, light entertainment, a bit voyeuristic. In the UK there are a few obsessives but the majority don't care much and many really wish them, and all they represent, gone.
They have undue influence on law, are ridiculously wealthy beyond all reason and it's at our expense. Their tribulations are used as a distraction from stuff that really ought to be examined more clearly. Of course, the powers that be want us to make do with "beer and circuses" or we might ask the difficult questions.

That are dozens of polls with different results.

If removing the Monarchy is import to you, just find a party that wants them out and then vote for them. That's democracy in action.
No, that is not democracy in action at all. First of all the fundamental principle of democracy is to include representation of minority views and second those views, in this case the popularity of the monarchy, is sustained by a media that projects it’s own vested interests above all else.

No, that is not democracy in action at all. First of all the fundamental principle of democracy is to include representation of minority views and second those views, in this case the popularity of the monarchy, is sustained by a media that projects it’s own vested interests above all else.
You are stating your case now, so you have every opportunity to vote for a party that supports your views. Your problem is that most people switch between Labour and Tory on a regular basis, they just pick the better one at the time and both generally will never abolish the Monarchy.

You argue your case well but you really are in a minority on this and you have a tremendous slog ahead of you to get them removed.

The Moscow tragedy was covered by Sky and the BBC, as was the sad news about Kate.

Mick P is a grifter?

advertisement

Back