advertisement

[IC] Kendal/Lakes breaks for friends & family inc. established fishies: apartment with hifi

View from Kendal Castle, 4 Riverside highlighted
img_0153-1.jpeg

Random question, where did you get that lovely rug from?
Random answer: Paris!
I was at a boring business conference and in the basement of the hotel was a mini shopping mall. It just had to be.
Let’s just say it was, er, reassuringly expensive. Obviously not the sort of rug you’d dream of installing in a place you were going to let others share, but at the time I wasn’t…

Lovely place Kendal.
I've had quite a few good nights at Bootleggers Bar which I think may be temporarily closed?
If so, hopefully it won't be too long before they re-open.

Lovely place Kendal.
I've had quite a few good nights at Bootleggers Bar which I think may be temporarily closed?
If so, hopefully it won't be too long before they re-open.
Aha, didn't realise that. Perhaps explains why Bootleggers sort-of-regular Anysley Lister was playing at the Brewery Arts Centre on Wednesday...

Amazing!

I go to the Lakes walking every year, just returned from Mungrisedale but usually stay in Ambleside or Keswick. I’m guessing Kendal is slightly less central for exploring the main fells?

Amazing!

I go to the Lakes walking every year, just returned from Mungrisedale but usually stay in Ambleside or Keswick. I’m guessing Kendal is slightly less central for exploring the main fells?
Hello! Yes, it's hard to beat Ambleside as a base for the central fells and Keswick for the northern; Kendal a mile from the SE boundary of the National Park, 10-15 mins from Windermere and 15-20 mins from Ambleside so it's comfortably doable as others can attest.

PM about suggested rates, availability etc if you're tempted. As it's primarily my own place, rather than a commercial let, I flex to suit people's needs rather than do a strict say Sat-Sat.

Nigel

Hello! Yes, it's hard to beat Ambleside as a base for the central fells and Keswick for the northern; Kendal a mile from the SE boundary of the National Park, 10-15 mins from Windermere and 15-20 mins from Ambleside so it's comfortably doable as others can attest.

PM about suggested rates, availability etc if you're tempted. As it's primarily my own place, rather than a commercial let, I flex to suit people's needs rather than do a strict say Sat-Sat.

Nigel

Thanks Nigel. I’ve maxxed out on trips this year but will definitely bear in mind your place.

Great location, good pubs, fantastic hifi/music; what’s not to like??

Cheers Jez

ps. I love my SCM40A’s.

Thanks Nigel. I’ve maxxed out on trips this year but will definitely bear in mind your place.

Great location, good pubs, fantastic hifi/music; what’s not to like??

Cheers Jez

ps. I love my SCM40A’s.

Aha! Well I love my own SCM40A's too. They were bought for Kendal but I loved them so much they stayed in my main rig (in my main home :rolleyes:) instead.

Now if I could house the awesome Audia Flight FLS10 in my main rig then that and the Posselts might be having a long holiday in the East Midlands... but I can't. Different sound of course, but I honestly couldn't tell you which I prefer the sound of. Tough life.

PS. I can definitely tell you which I prefer the looks of and I'm afraid it isn't the SCM40A's, love them that I do.

Well blow me (that's an expresssion, not an invitation): it's nearly 9 months since my last post here!

A 2023 nudge then, that my lovely Kendal pad may or may not be available for use by carefully vetted Fishies... note to self to update the pics earlier in the thread and on my amateur website at https://4riverside.wordpress.com/ but the fundamentals are the same.

I was born and bread in Kendal. Technically, this is my second home; in all other ways, it's my spiritual home... I spend a week out every 4-6 weeks there and still bl**dy love the place. Two truly excellent hifi systems to enjoy (see systems 2 and 3 in signature) and some apparently attractive lumpy countryside nearby if you get bored with liatening to music. Oh, and pubs. More truly excellent pubs and truly excellent beer than a town Kendal's size has any right to.

PM me!

Lounge area
881da4dc-4568-4b0e-a762-e598f88dd03e_1_105_c.jpeg

Gramophone
6e3794fc-841f-475b-9cc2-b10917a47ccc_1_105_c.jpeg

Dining area
a04f9b4a-7afe-4940-be4b-b8f459568410_1_105_c.jpeg

Lounge area with Posselts
31922076-d321-48c2-bb17-158cc38f4448_1_105_c.jpeg

River Kent, Stramongate Bridge, weir, Riverside Apartments at left end of bridge
1252da3b-3c38-4554-ab97-563f1c04f479_1_105_c.jpeg

Late May bumpette: I'm here myself 20% of the time if I get myself organised... I have a few friends lined up to stay but there are gaps too, so PM me if you fancy a break away from home but not away from hifi and music. Two systems to enjoy and a fabulous space and location in which to do so.

Fellow Fishies,

Officially I can't do short term lets of my Kendal apartment (my mortgage is a buy-to-let so intended for long term not short term rentals) and I wouldn't want to do the AirBnB thing anyway as I have stupid light grey carpets and fragile-in-the-wrong-hands hifi... but I do let friends and trustworthy friends of friends stay. Which of course includes you lovely established fishies. I've highlighted that word because I've had the occasional enquiry from folk who have come across this on t'internet, who I don't know from Adam and therefore wouldn't be happy to let stay there.

4r-1.jpeg

62903253803__24d985c1-32dd-4299-bad5-302f41113143.jpeg

It's not perfect - storage radiators, no dedicated parking - but is a lovely, spacious, comfortable space and base. A good few wammers and fishies have stayed; I thought I had an ad on both forums but I can't find mine here...

There is one hifi system and usually two, both subject to change though the main rig rarely does.

Have a poke around my website at https://4riverside.wordpress.com/. Please contact me for suggested* rates (not exorbitant!); minimum stay two nights; one week gets you 7 nights for the price of 6.

PM me if house-trained and interested. Pets may be possible, subject to video interview!

Nigel

*for insurance purposes I cannot ask a fixed rate... but I know exactly what I'll suggest

There is an excellent climbing wall in Kendal, 25m height. I walk past your house on my way home from it (I'm just up on Fellside).

For anyone planning a stay here, you're a five minute walk from Booths supermarket. Their Great Northern pies are delicious!

Hi Nigel, just to let you know, I didn’t get an alert/notification from your post here, I only happened across it from Harry’s post. Your intention of alerting everyone may have tripped over due to there being too many people listed?
Still a lovely apartment btw!

There is an excellent climbing wall in Kendal, 25m height. I walk past your house on my way home from it (I'm just up on Fellside).

For anyone planning a stay here, you're a five minute walk from Booths supermarket. Their Great Northern pies are delicious!

There is indeed! I am a member. Usual bouldering haunt is Loughborough but I use the Kendal bouldering room once or twice a month; small but beautifully formed.

Booth’s loyalty card on key ring too!

Hi Nigel, just to let you know, I didn’t get an alert/notification from your post here, I only happened across it from Harry’s post. Your intention of alerting everyone may have tripped over due to there being too many people listed?
Still a lovely apartment btw!
Thanks for letting me know!

And yes, still lovely. Looking forward to my own next visit w/c 5th June. :)

Good morning Fishies,

A quick update on availability for the next couple of months. If you fancy a stay, these dates are all available at time of writing; I can usually flex my own dates to fit. Drop me a PM if you fancy a Kendal/Lakes break anytime in these dates:
  • Thu 17th August to Thu 7th September
  • Mon 18th September to end October

Lounge area
881da4dc-4568-4b0e-a762-e598f88dd03e_1_105_c.jpeg

Gramophone
6e3794fc-841f-475b-9cc2-b10917a47ccc_1_105_c.jpeg

Dining area
a04f9b4a-7afe-4940-be4b-b8f459568410_1_105_c.jpeg

Lounge area with Posselts
31922076-d321-48c2-bb17-158cc38f4448_1_105_c.jpeg

River Kent, Stramongate Bridge, weir, Riverside Apartments at left end of bridge
1252da3b-3c38-4554-ab97-563f1c04f479_1_105_c.jpeg

advertisement

Back