advertisement

[IC] Kendal/Lakes breaks for friends & family inc. established fishies: apartment with hifi

TheFlash

Reiki Audio
Fellow Fishies,

Officially I can't do short term lets of my Kendal apartment (my mortgage is a buy-to-let so intended for long term not short term rentals) and I wouldn't want to do the AirBnB thing anyway as I have stupid light grey carpets and fragile-in-the-wrong-hands hifi... but I do let friends and trustworthy friends of friends stay. Which of course includes you lovely established fishies. I've highlighted that word because I've had the occasional enquiry from folk who have come across this on t'internet, who I don't know from Adam and therefore wouldn't be happy to let stay there.

4r-1.jpeg

62903253803__24d985c1-32dd-4299-bad5-302f41113143.jpeg

It's not perfect - storage radiators, no dedicated parking - but is a lovely, spacious, comfortable space and base. A good few wammers and fishies have stayed; I thought I had an ad on both forums but I can't find mine here...

There is one hifi system and usually two, both subject to change though the main rig rarely does.

Have a poke around my website at https://4riverside.wordpress.com/. Please contact me for suggested* rates (not exorbitant!); minimum stay two nights; one week gets you 7 nights for the price of 6.

PM me if house-trained and interested. Pets may be possible, please ask.

Nigel

*for insurance purposes I cannot ask a fixed rate... but I know exactly what I'll suggest!

Last edited:
Looks fantastic, we often stop at Kendal for a couple of hours when we go to Scotland as it is half way for us.
Be lovely to stay for a couple of nights. The hifi is an added bonus as I always miss my hifi when I go away on holiday.

Looks fantastic, we often stop at Kendal for a couple of hours when we go to Scotland as it is half way for us.
Be lovely to stay for a couple of nights. The hifi is an added bonus as I always miss my hifi when I go away on holiday.
Excellent. I've had a good few folk stay at the apartment for the first time because of the Lakes but once they get to know their way around town they start to enjoy that as much as the countryside. Maybe the fact we're spoilt for choice with excellent beers/pubs has something to do with it...

That looks really nice. Kudos to you for offering it. We know the area very well - we have friends who live up near the golf course (their garden and rear of the house look onto the fairway) and before that they had a flat in Sand Aire House, ovelooking the river, about fifty feet from your place!

Mick

PS Wonder if the Bridge pub will ever reopen?

That looks really nice. Kudos to you for offering it. We know the area very well - we have friends who live up near the golf course (their garden and rear of the house look onto the fairway) and before that they had a flat in Sand Aire House, ovelooking the river, about fifty feet from your place!

Mick

PS Wonder if the Bridge pub will ever reopen?
Yup, that’s close indeed! Rumours earlier this year that the Bridge is indeed going to reopen: such a waste of the only pub in Kendal with a riverside garden. Apparently the owners are waiting for the adjacent flood works to be finished to avoid having to rebuild/redecorate anything. Shouldn’t be long before they get cracking.

Mind you, they’d better get the beer right if they’re going to survive and thrive… serious competition in Kendal; proper beer fans are spoilt for choice.

Oh wow, this looks fantastic Nigel. My wife and I have been musing on a visit to the Lakes next month. Alas with two (very well-behaved) kids and two (very well-behaved) dogs... it would be sacrilege to be there and to not make use of that hi-fi set-up. My kids are just not that into sitting and listening to music. Perhaps one for me and the missus to visit on a 'date' weekend sometime. And kudos to you for offering this to us fishes... (or should that be fishys?)

Oh wow, this looks fantastic Nigel. My wife and I have been musing on a visit to the Lakes next month. Alas with two (very well-behaved) kids and two (very well-behaved) dogs... it would be sacrilege to be there and to not make use of that hi-fi set-up. My kids are just not that into sitting and listening to music. Perhaps one for me and the missus to visit on a 'date' weekend sometime. And kudos to you for offering this to us fishes... (or should that be fishys?)

if the fish are of the type, as we are, the plural of fish is fish.

https://www.britannica.com/dictionary/eb/qa/Using-Fish-as-Singular-and-Plural

if the fish are of the type, as we are, the plural of fish is fish.

https://www.britannica.com/dictionary/eb/qa/Using-Fish-as-Singular-and-Plural

The plural of fish is indeed fish; the plural of Fishy (as in a PinkFish member) is traditionally Fishies.

Last edited:
How's the wifi? Seems like a fantastic place for a week long escape from London for something like a week with my girlfriend, only I work from home so it would be preferred for the wifi to be somewhat decent.

I suppose we could take it to DMs if you deem me trustworthy enough to stay a week or something.

The wifi is excellent, I’m here in Kendal this week myself and will be working “from home” all week, mainly on Teams calls.

Feel free to DM so I can initiate my invasive and exhausting vetting process. Please have passport, bank details and recent utility bills to hand.:)

The wifi is excellent, I’m here in Kendal this week myself and will be working “from home” all week, mainly on Teams calls.

Feel free to DM so I can initiate my invasive and exhausting vetting process. Please have passport, bank details and recent utility bills to hand.:)

That's great to hear. I don't pay the utility bills. Would that be a problem?

advertisement

Back