advertisement

Kegworth anyone?

Well after last night and this morning being a shitstorm of broken gear for my room mate Andy, it all came together after 2 trips back to Warwick in the middle of the night. It sounded great in the end

^ looks lovely. not caring what it sounds like, what are the speakers, shelving and stands? :)

Well after last night and this morning being a shitstorm of broken gear for my room mate Andy, it all came together after 2 trips back to Warwick in the middle of the night. It sounded great in the end
A couple of people had problems with kit failures, gutting for them. I’m glad you got it all sorted. I did spend a fair while in your room earlier.

i really enjoyed the event. my first hifi show.

There were some fab set ups being showcased. And i didnt buy anything i couldn't afford.

Thanks all.

Mike

Just don't use his preferred eq settings, they were much better with the D&D house EQ. ;-)

The most interesting room for me was the D&Ds. Although the room was challenging and very different to my own, I would say that the 8cs are indeed better than the Kii3s.

I've wittered on on other threads about whether or not it is best to put the flattest signal possible into the room and let the ears/brain ssort out the room or to correct for the room. Knipester's system enabled a direct A/B and added another valuable contribution to the answer for me.

Another interesting experience was hearing a couple of examples of why it's not sensible to judge systems too rapidly:
- One system sounded superb with a particular type of music, but so badly wrong with another type that we had to Shazam it to make sure it was the artist we thought it was!
- Another system sounded very poor in the morning and very good later in the day (although the source had changed from analogue to digital).

Sorry to say that the hotel is not as good as Scalford, and the pies....
OTOH it's much easier to get to and to park.

Great day out. Thanks to all the exhibitors!!
(Those suitcase guys must have felt smug at the end of the day).

Hope she’s better soon. ‘‘Twas a good day, I’m tempted to exhibit myself next year with whatever system/s I’m running at the time!
Thanks...sod's law, this am she bounced up and declared herself A1 (well, anyway A2) so...I'd like to exhibit again too, if only for the chance to hear a different room.

All ready to go tomorrow in Room 120 at the Wam show. Hope to meet some of you there.

20190316_234226.jpg

20190316_172351.jpg

20190316_172333.jpg

looks fabulous

advertisement

Back