Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Keesonic Speakers anyone?

Discussion in 'classic' started by neiljadman, May 25, 2006.

1. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

I am interested, as getting those KRFs from the Liverpool area would be difficult.
    What is the difference between the Rangers and KRFs?
    Size, drive units, etc.

Thanks.
    Martyn.

2. Hoopsontoast

Hoopsontoast pfm Member

3. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

4. Papa Bill

Papa Bill Member

Hi peeps - I'm new to this forum and I hope there are still some interested parties to this thread. I recently picked up a pair of Keesonic Kubs from a dealer for FREE as the mid/bass drivers were seized. I tried to free them but with no success. I replaced them with drivers from CPC - Visiton WS 13E. Very strange price break - £32 for two, £40 for 4! Bought 4 so I now have 2 spare.. They were slightly larger than the originals so as you can see from the photo I had to rotate the drivers slightly to avoid a clash with the grill fixing socket. Performance - amazing for the size of enclosure! They are definite keepers. One of the grille frames has had it - very flimsy chipboard frames with very little strength - I suspect that these speakers may have been long term stored in a damp environment - hence the seized drivers - and one the grille frames has suffered too. I've salvaged the fixing pins and the grille covering (along with the still attached Keesonic name badge) and intend to make a new frame. My plan is not to copy the old frame but only have cut-outs for the bass driver, tweeter and vent. That will leave more wood in the frame and make it stronger hopefully. I've also teak-oiled the enclosures and the difference is astounding. They look and sound fantastic. What a shame these speakers never got the recognition they deserved. I've never seen a review in any old mags.
    I'm still working out how to insert an image from my laptop - I'll do that later if there's any interest.

5. VanDerGraaf

VanDerGraaf pfm Member

A pair of Kubs installed in my parent's kitchen powered me through my teens and were blasted without mercy when they were out! I would love a set now.

6. Papa Bill

Papa Bill Member

Does anyone know how to insert an image to a post from my laptop? When I select "image" the next dialogue box wants a "URL" entry - I was expecting to be able to just select an image from my drive?? Cheers

7. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

I heard most of the speakers in the photo above and all were very impressive! Should have been a much bigger seller from the sounds I heard at maybe 3 demos at shows back then... pretty much best sound of the show other than a few high end demos and this was with them set up "for display" rather than optimally positioned on good stands etc

8. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

In fact I'd love to hear a set of "NOS" Kubs v "NOS" LS3/5A's v "NOS" JR149's and various modern Harbeth etc!