advertisement

Keesonic Speakers anyone?

If you wait a week or two you could buy my Keesonic Rangers, specially made for the previous owner at the factory in Cookham. They are in Bristol, much nearer to Oxford! I bought these and used them to replace my KRFs but now I have the KBM which I prefer.

Richard

I am interested, as getting those KRFs from the Liverpool area would be difficult.
What is the difference between the Rangers and KRFs?
Size, drive units, etc.

Thanks.
Martyn.

Hi peeps - I'm new to this forum and I hope there are still some interested parties to this thread. I recently picked up a pair of Keesonic Kubs from a dealer for FREE as the mid/bass drivers were seized. I tried to free them but with no success. I replaced them with drivers from CPC - Visiton WS 13E. Very strange price break - £32 for two, £40 for 4! Bought 4 so I now have 2 spare.. They were slightly larger than the originals so as you can see from the photo I had to rotate the drivers slightly to avoid a clash with the grill fixing socket. Performance - amazing for the size of enclosure! They are definite keepers. One of the grille frames has had it - very flimsy chipboard frames with very little strength - I suspect that these speakers may have been long term stored in a damp environment - hence the seized drivers - and one the grille frames has suffered too. I've salvaged the fixing pins and the grille covering (along with the still attached Keesonic name badge) and intend to make a new frame. My plan is not to copy the old frame but only have cut-outs for the bass driver, tweeter and vent. That will leave more wood in the frame and make it stronger hopefully. I've also teak-oiled the enclosures and the difference is astounding. They look and sound fantastic. What a shame these speakers never got the recognition they deserved. I've never seen a review in any old mags.
I'm still working out how to insert an image from my laptop - I'll do that later if there's any interest.

A pair of Kubs installed in my parent's kitchen powered me through my teens and were blasted without mercy when they were out! I would love a set now.

A pair of Kubs installed in my parent's kitchen powered me through my teens and were blasted without mercy when they were out! I would love a set now.
Does anyone know how to insert an image to a post from my laptop? When I select "image" the next dialogue box wants a "URL" entry - I was expecting to be able to just select an image from my drive?? Cheers

I heard most of the speakers in the photo above and all were very impressive! Should have been a much bigger seller from the sounds I heard at maybe 3 demos at shows back then... pretty much best sound of the show other than a few high end demos and this was with them set up "for display" rather than optimally positioned on good stands etc

advertisement

Back