advertisement

Kate Bush - Entire Catalogue Remastered CD/Vinyl - Nov 2018

Gerard124

pfm Member
Kate Bush - Entire Catalogue Remastered CD/Vinyl - Nov 2018

Kate will release remastered versions of her album catalogue on vinyl and CD in November. This is the first (and definitive) programme of remastering and includes the release of many rarities and cover versions on vinyl and CD for the first time. Pre-order available from 2pm on 4th October.

The albums, many of which have been unavailable on vinyl for a decade, have been remastered by Kate and James Guthrie. Kate’s 10 studio albums are spread over 3 vinyl boxes, whilst the 4th box contains many rarities previously unavailable on vinyl, including a whole disc of cover versions. The total number of vinyl discs is 18.

KB-Vinyl-Packshot-4-%28Flat%29.jpg

KB-Vinyl-Packshot-2-%28Flat%29.jpg

KB-Vinyl-Packshot-3-%28Flat%29.jpg

KB-Vinyl-Packshot-1-%28Flat%29_0.jpg

You can also pre-order individual LPs from amazon and it's cheaper than the boxsets. Makes me wonder what the advantage of a boxset is other than a fancy box.

You can also pre-order individual LPs from amazon and it's cheaper than the boxsets. Makes me wonder what the advantage of a boxset is other than a fancy box.

Ah really? That’s more interesting to me, as I only really want aeriel and 50 words. Thanks!

Hhahahha, y'all beat me to it.

I have them all on record apart from Aerial & 50 Words (poor albums, and I do not like listening to Rolf H. or Stephen Fry)

I will definitely buy the lot again on record as Kate Bush serves my purpose - Also Red Shoes is awful mastering, so I will be glad to hear a fresh attempt.

The Audio Fidelity remasters of Sensual & Hounds will be interesting to compare to these - also I have a japanese and american press of Dreaming - also this will be enjoyable to compare.

Ace news, my daughter will be delighted as well.

:):):)

Doesn't look to be much of interest for digital fans who already have "This Woman's Work" and CD singles. Her CDs already sound pretty good in the main, so a new remastering may not be a sufficient draw for me.

I would like to have seen promo videos etc on Blu-ray / DVD.

On the good side... I get to buy a replacement for the red shoes in good condition.

On the bad side it probably devalues my mint copy of Aerial. Which I wouldn't have sold anyway so maybe it's all good...

Never mind all that - where’s the DVD of the 2014 concert run? We were there, would love to experience it again :)

My favourite two albums are the first two (unusually). My early vinyl copies of these still sound fantastic...just wondering if there's an advantage to owning the new masters on vinyl over CD.

Never mind all that - where’s the DVD of the 2014 concert run? We were there, would love to experience it again :)

We were there too, not bothered aboot a dvd - you could never capture the atmosphere of that event - I think I cried through at least half of it. It was sublime.

You'll have to get rid of The Dreaming too.

Stephen

Ahhh, horses for courses - I like The Dreaming best of all - I also play Never For Ever and Lionheart quite a lot - infact I play them all a lot - except the aforementioned Aerial/50 Words..

Already pre-ordered The Red Shoes (only LP I don't own on vinyl), The Dreaming (always thought my UK first press sounds a bit muddy and could use a little more bass) and the IV box with the b sides and rare(ish) tracks. I'll wait for reviews of the rest before I order anything else, although James Guthrie as a co-masterer gets my vote of confidence. I have the ATR Lionheart and HofL and TSW from Audiofidelity which already sound excellent so they would have to be much better for me to get the new ones. Ditto for Aerial and 50 Words of Snow.
As an aside, this reissue campaign finally explains why Analog Spark never reissued The Red Shoes.

advertisement

Back