advertisement

Kate Bush - Entire Catalogue Remastered CD/Vinyl - Nov 2018

Well, some of the remastered albums have arrived.

Several have warps and will be returned. Arse.

I have played bits of a few of them. They sound different. In a good way.

I have given The Dreaming a clean and will listen to this first.

I've held my fire on these just to hear what folks think. I'm tempted by The red Shoes and Aerial but could be persuaded by a few others if reports are positive.

Playing The Dreaming. Sounds good.

I have a UK, US and Japanese copy. Usually the Japanese pressing sounds the best, but this is very nice so far.

I have the Audio Fidelity releases of Hounds of Love and The Sensual World. I like both albums a lot and they sound very fine to my ears.

I've not heard or owned any of Kate's other albums so I've taken a punt on Box Set 1. I'm currently listening to The Kick Inside and really liking it; it's a lovely sounding, warm album. The bass and drums are particularly appealing. My copy is playing perfectly, no clicks, pops or any other glitches.

I have the Audio Fidelity releases of Hounds of Love and The Sensual World. I like both albums a lot and they sound very fine to my ears.

I've not heard or owned any of Kate's other albums so I've taken a punt on Box Set 1. I'm currently listening to The Kick Inside and really liking it; it's a lovely sounding, warm album. The bass and drums are particularly appealing. My copy is playing perfectly, no clicks, pops or any other glitches.

I have the Audio Fidelity Hounds and Sensual. The pressing noise is bad on the b side of Hounds, both copies. The AF Sensual World is good though I reckon.

My Hounds of Love (listened to side 2 only) has moderate vinyl roar (with a Paradise phono amp which is usually v. quiet) and a couple of minor clicks. I haven't compared with original.
Compares badly with recent Music from Big Pink.

I've listened to remastered in Vinyl 1 and to RedShoes. Must admit I was very happy with all, but I wasn't listening critically.

Just a pleasure to listen to new vinyl without clicks and pops!

Have ordered 'IV'

I've ordered The Dreaming (because my original copy has seen better days), Aerial (because I only have the cd), and The Sensual World (because I don't have a copy, other than the 12" of the title single). I'm struggling over Hounds of Love, since I have a couple of UK first presses and the Audio Fidelity edition. I'm loathe to miss it if might be an improvement, but I recognise this is overly obsessive.

Just got my batch this morning. So far only listened to HOL The Ninth Wave. Sorry, but's its not nearly as good as the Audio Fidelity Pressing. I'll compare it to a first UK pressing at some point over the next few days.

A bit disappointed, not for HOL, since that was just out of interest and I already have a great copy (or three). I was really hoping The Dreaming would replace my old copy, but I'm not optimistic now. Will try it later.

Just got my batch this morning. So far only listened to HOL The Ninth Wave. Sorry, but's its not nearly as good as the Audio Fidelity Pressing. I'll compare it to a first UK pressing at some point over the next few days.

A bit disappointed, not for HOL, since that was just out of interest and I already have a great copy (or three). I was really hoping The Dreaming would replace my old copy, but I'm not optimistic now. Will try it later.

I haven't listened to my stash of Bush yet, but had a quick go with The Dreaming and thought it was good. Loads more arrived today, but I am not in a position to hear it.

LP 2 of Aerial is sublime. One of the best sounding LPs I have. Very impressed by the SQ, one or two clicks so I'm tempted to unpack the Okki Nokki...

Oooh, they've done a nice job with 'The Dreaming'! Good news. I haven't wasted my money then. Only listened to side one so full report later. I will say though that I'm impressed how they've managed the craziness of 'Leave It Open'. The drum sound is massive but I am getting more refined detail than on my original press, so it's easier to navigate the storm of studio trickery mayhem. 'Pull Out the Pin' also nicely pulls out detail without compromising the central voice. I'd say the voice is a bit more forward and full on the original, but even so I think I might prefer this new mix so far, which is a real surprise.

It does make me scratch my head about the inferiority of HOL, but I've still not compared to original UK.

Anyway, back to my silver buddha....

I have The Red Shoes coming so hope I won't be disappointed. I might get The Sensual World as well if TRS impresses. I listened to my original copy of TSW the other night and thought it was a bit cold/sibilant. It's funny how over the years my system has got better but a lot of my recordings sound worse!

advertisement

Back