advertisement

Kate Bush - Entire Catalogue Remastered CD/Vinyl - Nov 2018

Just working my way through Vinyl Box 4 having picked up at the pop up shop in Kings Cross Coal Drops. Nice clean pressings so far although only up to LP2 side A. A couple of unique items in the shop but nothing too special apart from the profits going to Crisis.

Aerial is the business. Since this and The Dreaming are so good, it's puzzling they didn't get HOL right. Tempted to get some of the earlier ones too now.

Aerial is the business. Since this and The Dreaming are so good, it's puzzling they didn't get HOL right. Tempted to get some of the earlier ones too now.

Re HOL are you talking mastering, or pressing?

I’ve bought the two CD boxes and haven’t taken the chance to listen yet.

Re HOL are you talking mastering, or pressing?

Mastering, but then you can't always so easily separate the two. I think people are over generous on the 'pressing' side on this forum. Often I see comments about an LP being flat and clean. That should be a given! We should be discussing mastering decisions on the presumption of a decent pressing.

Mastering, but then you can't always so easily separate the two. I think people are over generous on the 'pressing' side on this forum. Often I see comments about an LP being flat and clean. That should be a given! We should be discussing mastering decisions on the presumption of a decent pressing.

Well, that’s a shame - I was hoping the CD would be to die for! :(

Listening to Aerial right now. There is some annoying pressing noise (post wet clean) so I will try another copy.

This is my least favourite album normally, but the remaster is different - so far I have been blown away, quite arresting. The vocals seem more forward and defined. I also normally dislike 50 Words... so maybe the remaster will catch my attention? I doubt it.

The Dreaming is stunning, I already love this album, the remaster is spot on.

Hounds of Love - I have a european press from '85 that sounds pretty bad. Very thin and forward with little bass. The FLAC/CD version on Tidal on the other hand sounds quite muffled in comparison. I hope the new press has both clarity AND bottom end.

Hounds Of Love.

The remaster sounded interesting but the B- side had pressing noise from the start.
This is a problem as the B-side has many quiet passages, and an intrusive crackle ruins it.
(this is post a thorough wet clean)
So, I need to get a non-crackle copy.
Anybody else have the same issue? The A-side was great.

I have to admit to being a fan of this album and have 8 copies.
3 of which are the Audio Fidelity press.

I dug out this copy as a listen.

Kate Bush ‎– Hounds Of Love
Label:
Simply Vinyl ‎– SVLP 290
Series:
S180 Series
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue
UK
Released:

It is my reference copy, silent and quite beautiful.

I will enjoy playing this copy against the remaster when I eventually get a good copy.

Anyone else heard the Simply Vinyl press?

8 copies, wow. If that's for multi-room listening, it must be tough to synchronise them.

I don't think I've heard the Simply Vinyl pressing, but let us know what you think of the new one vs Audio Fidelity and original UK. I really didn't like it but I'm willing to go back and give it another chance. It's always possible I had a fig lodged in my ear canal that day. However I did listen to the AF and that still sounded great, fig or no fig.

I got a remastered copy today from Sainsbury's.

Given it a clean, it is flat and unmarked so good so far! Just waiting for it to dry, then I will pour a drink and settle into the album.

I have a few AF copies as they had noise on the B-side, I even contacted AF about the issue and they sent me a free copy. It had the same problem. I will still give them a play just in case the crackle imps have been in the night and cleaned up their act. I doubt it.

Hounds Of Love.

The remaster sounded interesting but the B- side had pressing noise from the start.
This is a problem as the B-side has many quiet passages, and an intrusive crackle ruins it.
(this is post a thorough wet clean)
So, I need to get a non-crackle copy.
Anybody else have the same issue?
Yup...exact same issues.

Yup...exact same issues.

Well, the HOL remaster is amazing, now I have a copy without the crackle on the b-side.

The Big Sky is the 7" mix.

It all sounds amazing particularly Mother Stands For Comfort and Watching You Without Me.
Even The Morning Fog (not my fave tune) was stunning.

up there with the Simply Vinyl issue, although that might have the edge. Both excellent.

Was looking at some of the remastered CDs on Amazon, noticed The Sensual Word is only £6.99 but is an import, anyone know why they would sell an import rather than the UK version ?

Just ordered another Aerial as I keep getting a pressing crackle - awaiting the 3rd copy and the expectation of disappointment is high...

I also have gone for the cd boxset #1 as it is good value and has my favs on it.

I have now purchased.

Hounds of love
Lionheart
Never forever
Kick inside
Dreaming

On remaster reissue and each and every one is a blinking revelation sonically!

Better in every way possible.

I thought Hounds of Love was not nearly as good. Can you give us some observations about what you thought was better? This is comparing to original first pressing, yes? Do you have theAF reissue?

I thought Hounds of Love was not nearly as good. Can you give us some observations about what you thought was better? This is comparing to original first pressing, yes? Do you have theAF reissue?

Just out of interest, which is the first press?

The matrices are not obvious i.e. there is no A1 B1 - so which is the first?

I have a selection of UK HOL
Kate Bush ‎– Hounds Of Love
Label:
EMI ‎– KAB1, EMI ‎– EJ 24 0384 1, EMI ‎– EJ2403841
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album
UK
Released:
16 Sep 1985

advertisement

Back