advertisement

Jaguar F Type

All evidence to the contrary excepted.

It was a stupid, mean spirited comment, Debs.

Chris
it's interesting that when one or two others (men) made similar comments they were just ignored but when a woman makes such a comment she's a "stupid", "mean spirited", "bitch".

It was a mean spirited comment, but not a stupid one. Mick's reaction went a long way toward 'protesting too much' and used a totally unacceptable term. Might be more constructive to withdraw both posts.

I did 120 miles round trip yesterday with the top down, and I'm sure that those that have soft-tops will agree that when it's a hot and sunny day, the actual car really isn't important.

Procrastination is the thief of time.

Anyway, the best of the summer is over now; the best summer we've had for decades. You may get a bargain in the winter, but you won't be able to buy this summer back (although I've been looking at Lotus for a long time and there is no seasonal fluctuation that I've ever spotted - only no stock).

If I'd have faffed around to this degree, I wouldn't have memories like this (couple of years ago). I wouldn't have lost these times to have saved £500:

I bought a nice car recently w/o consulting the forum, I do hope I haven't breached any rules?

Well, you could pretend that you haven't quite bought it, and start a new thread anyway.

It would be a bit awkward to begin with for everyone, but once it builds a bit of momentum and we start insulting each other, it would be buisiness as usual.

sound advice, thanks

I'll probably pretend I'm upgrading this winter and go again..

Nope. I just answered a question about buying a ragtop. You can guess if you like. It was built in Germany but isn't one of those mentioned mentioned.

1964Amphicar_02_700.jpg

I did 120 miles round trip yesterday with the top down, and I'm sure that those that have soft-tops will agree that when it's a hot and sunny day, the actual car really isn't important.

If I'd have faffed around to this degree, I wouldn't have memories like this (couple of years ago). I wouldn't have lost these times to have saved £500:

I am liking this answer, for exactly similar reasons.

jfury.jpg

The sentiment of Debs' post was exactly that which I expressed pages earlier in this thread.

Mull

Yeah, Mull, but you & Mick have "previous" & a dig from you is par for trhe course:).

Debs, being a good Co. Durham lass, usually better mannered. Wrong headed, mebbes, but usually polite & certainly not catty.

The post in question was out of character.

Chris

Yeah, Mull, but you & Mick have "previous" & a dig from you is par for trhe course:).

Debs, being a good Co. Durham lass, usually better mannered. Wrong headed, mebbes, but usually polite & certainly not catty.

The post in question was out of character.

Chris
Chris, I struggling to imagine how your post could be much more patronising. In essence: "women know your limits".

Chris, I struggling to imagine how your post could be much more patronising. In essence: "women know your limits".

No, it's "Debs, that is out of character." Had it been posted by, say Auric, I would have made the same comment.

Not everything has a political or philosophical dimension, Greg, much as you would like it to.

Chris

Anyway, the best of the summer is over now; the best summer we've had for decades. You may get a bargain in the winter, but you won't be able to buy this summer back (although I've been looking at Lotus for a long time and there is no seasonal fluctuation that I've ever spotted - only no stock).

I absolutely love this photo. Always makes me smile widely.

That must have been a fantastic day :)

We drove from Lyme Regis back to Brighton, and Jack had his snorkel & mask on the whole way. It was a great weekend. My life is blessed with lots of this stuff, which is why I think Mick has got the wrong end of the stick with what having a rag-top is all about.
He still seems to think it's about the car.

advertisement

Back