advertisement

Is Mana Back?

lostintheozone

Cabin Boy
Being a bit of a dullard I missed all the fuss at the time - but I happened to trip over the PFM Mana is dead thread yesterday and looking on eBay today I found this

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=130766762602

Which says -

'MANA ACOUSTICS WE ARE BACK

AS FROM NEXT MONTH WE WILL BE RE-MANUFACTURING THE LEGENDARY MANA STANDS THE FIRST EDITIONS WILL ALL BE STAINLESS STEEL AND SIGNED BY THE INVENTOR JOHN WATSON HIM SELF

YOU MAY CONTACT US AT

[email protected]

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION '

The listing is by N.Wales Range Rover Spares which also comes up as Anglesey Autoparts on their 'where we have sold stuff' maps.

Guy

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Interesting stuff, wonder if the Mana Forum will be resurrected?

4090208808_f5e9406c31_m.jpg

Obviously I've heard of Mana and aware there is controversy surrounding them, but what was the idea behind their rather bizarre-looking support systems?

I would be genuinely interested to hear the theory behind them from anyone who knows, without any interruption from opponents, thanks!

Obviously I've heard of Mana and aware there is controversy surrounding them, but what was the idea behind their rather bizarre-looking support systems?

I would be genuinely interested to hear the theory behind them from anyone who knows, without any interruption from opponents, thanks!

I've never heard a good explanation of how it works but here's shot of another OTT setup.

100_1323.jpg

Basically it's for enthusiasts who want visitors to their homes who suspected they were a bit of a twat to have it confirmed.

Did they work?

I really like my 5 tier rack on a couple sound stages with a mini table under my LP12. It puts the turntable at chest height, ideal for changing records. The mini table is made for something the size of an LP12 and allows you to dynamically level the platter with ease. The space under it is a great place for a record cleaning brush. I've had this setup for a decade and will likely keep it for hopefully many years to come. Mine is on concrete so no issues with footfalls or spike sinkage.

edit_preview.php

Interesting. I wonder if it's New Mana or Old Mana and if the same people are behind the venture. I always liked the look of the stuff and did hear and feel some Soundbases reduce vibration from some Epos 14s going into the wooden floor.

Vuk will be happy.

This old Man(a)
On Phase 1
Things sound better, twice the fun
Textures from the mud come out clean and bright
This old Mana seen the light

This old Man(a)
On Phase 2
Adds Soundstage, adjusts the screws
Startling music gains, big Epiphany!
PRaTs and grooves more tunefully

This old Man(a)
Now Phase 3
Add and adjust carefully
Tunes are followed now like I’ve never heard
You should buy some, take my word!

This old Man(a)
At Phase 4
Ever further from the floor
Still it simply gets better all the time
Got no Manas? That’s a crime!

This old Man(a)
Hits Phase 5
Music seems much more alive
Ladder needed now, record for to change
I don’t care if wife estranged.

This old Man(a)
Stainless spikes
Musical’ty hits new heights
Crisp and clean and clear, more of everything
This tweak makes your music ring.

This old Man(a)
Logo’s new
You now need a gross or two
Smooth in, Gothic out, elegant new letters
I could swear it all sounds better

This old Man(a)
Stainless frame
Non-magnetic is the aim
Stunning looks and sounds better than before
Painful jaw from hitting floor

This old Man(a)
To phase 6
Music is my major fix
Room completely bare, furniture is sold
Buys more Mana, audio gold!

This old Man(a)
At Phase 7
Mana truly is from heaven!
Well, I’m almost there, why am I surprised?
Watson should be canonised!

This old Man(a)
Now Phase 8
Playing music dawn to late
Feet tap all the time, really it’s not fair
Costs a bomb in shoe repair

This old Man(a)
At Phase 9
Hard to breathe here, need air line
MoA demands flashing warning lights
To divert incoming flights

This old Man(a)