advertisement

Interesting new Streamer - Eversolo DMP-A6

Another few days in, I'm genuinely surprised how audible the improvements of the A6 are over the Node 2i. If you'd told me there'd be a significant difference I'd have put it down to the usual audio hyperbole. But it's pretty clear to me, and I am - cliche incoming - genuinely hearing new things in very well known recordings. Which is really cool.

Another few days in, I'm genuinely surprised how audible the improvements of the A6 are over the Node 2i. If you'd told me there'd be a significant difference I'd have put it down to the usual audio hyperbole. But it's pretty clear to me, and I am - cliche incoming - genuinely hearing new things in very well known recordings. Which is really cool.
Nice one. Is that stand alone or both in the to same DAC? Sorry if that's mentioned earlier.

Thirded…want to know how it compares without the outboard DAC.

of course ideally would like to know vs the master edition but you can’t have everything

Yeah, there's a new remote that's recently become available. Apparently you buy it separately, and I suspect they'll start adding it to the box eventually. If it's infrared, I assume you could program another remote to do it.

Read that only the on/off on the remote is IR.

The rest of the buttons are via Bluetooth.

@seagullsnacker I have already mentioned the internal dac is very good, better than my old Topping D30, but not up to the standard of my Soekris 2541. I was using the internal dac earlier today listening with no problems. Streaming wise against my Lumin U2 mini I can't decide who wins.

I've had more time to listen to the Eversolo DMP A6 Master edition used exclusively as a streamer via USB into a Denafrips Pontus II DAC. A GamuT Di 150 LE integrated drives a pair of Monitor Audio PL100II standmounts and feeds a pair of REL R528 SE subwoofers.

Before I had a Bluesound Node 2i connected to the Pontus II via optical cable.

Music gets much more articulate, detailed and realistic especially when the recording is very good. Textures, small nuances and soundstage precision also appear to increase significantly. This is more clear in piano and large orchestra recordings. Sokolov playing Chopin's Preludes Opus 28 is more in my room than ever before. I must say that I'm truly happy with the end result and even a bit surprised about how much this appears to better a streamer such as the Node 2i.

I also had a windows fanless SSD netbook* that was better sound quality wise than the Node 2i. But this a completely different level of outperformance.

*Bare bones in terms of OS to just run Foobar.

That's really good to know - Chinese embargo could be over for good :) When you have some spare time could you let me know what it's like using it's own dac.

My problem when using Qobuz on the EverSolo app, adding an artist they appeared as you add them and not alphabetical which is the way I like. I have just gone into my Qobuz app and sorted my favourites to alphabetical, then going back to the EverSolo app that is exactly as they appear now, I even added an artist and that was placed alphabetically.

I have been using an Eversolo DMP-A6 for about a week now and am delighted with its sound. Out of curiosity I have ordered a Crucial P3 4TB m.2 ssd for internal storage. Does anyone who has tried this have any comments regarding performance benefits of local storage?

Just wondering if anyone has tried using an LMS server as a source for their DMP-A6, if this is possible, and how well it works?

Looks like a really nice piece of kit for the main listening room, but as I use LMS for several Squeezeboxes around the house I would not be keen on maintaining a separate library for (or on) the DMP-A6.

advertisement

Back