advertisement

Interesting new Streamer - Eversolo DMP-A6

I don't own one but I have read that some SSDs need formatting in a PC first but I think it depends on make and model of SSD.

Are you on the latest Firmware for the A6?

I think nearly all issues have been with formatting to exFAT in the machine instead of NTFS. I formatted to exFAT in a MacBook first and had no problems. I suggest doing that or NTFS in the Eversolo.

Hi,

I'm not sure if this has been discussed already, but out of curiosity I decided to buy an ifi Power X plug, to power my BT fibre box. I was inspired my someone on the Naim forum who spent £2600+ on a LPS for his and said it made a difference. Unfortunately it doesn't have enough juice to power my router....anyway.

At first, I thought I heard a slight and worthwhile increase in detail, with bass lines more defined and a very slight improvement to the background being "black", but....

When i unplugged the fibre box, both power and the ethernet cable, the Eversolo carried on playing for a minute or so. So the unit is obviously downloading tracks locally, buffering them before sending to the DACs/SPDIF.

Is this normal? I wasn't expecting any buffering to be that long. I'll have a listen to the plug difference later, as a sense check.

Edit : just thought. If it is buffering is that a reason for the clocks to make a difference in the master edition, as it sends the information on...

Yes normal, IME (with other streamers). Sometimes it's a few seconds, normally it's a track or more, depends on the software/service.

Hello all.

Have read many posts over time and enjoy the forum and info shared, Time has come to ask for some guidance from any EverSolo DMP A6 owner.

I’ve just replaced a Moon MiND 180 streamer with the DMP A6 Master Edition and so far so good really enjoying the interface via an iPhone and the front display.

Decided to take the plunge and get an SSD to install and opted for an WD_Black SN850X 4TB as I have circa 2TB of music files on a NAS.

Had expected an easy install and format but so far EverSolo just does not detect the SSD?

Is this SSD too ‘new’ or am I missing something really obvious? I’ve a 2022 Macbook Pro so not sure how I can format this SSD other than via EverSolo unit??

Hello all.

Have read many posts over time and enjoy the forum and info shared, Time has come to ask for some guidance from any EverSolo DMP A6 owner.

I’ve just replaced a Moon MiND 180 streamer with the DMP A6 Master Edition and so far so good really enjoying the interface via an iPhone and the front display.

Decided to take the plunge and get an SSD to install and opted for an WD_Black SN850X 4TB as I have circa 2TB of music files on a NAS.

Had expected an easy install and format but so far EverSolo just does not detect the SSD?

Is this SSD too ‘new’ or am I missing something really obvious? I’ve a 2022 Macbook Pro so not sure how I can format this SSD other than via EverSolo unit??
Ha! Just answered my own question. I can only view or format the new SSD via the device touchscreen itself, not via the iPhone or iPad app.

Drive now formatted and now need to move my music files onto it.

Love this forum and all contributor.

Haven’t got round to installing a SSD but the above is nevertheless good to know. Cheers Talisman! I really like what the Eversolo does so at some stage soon I’m gonna upgrade the internal PSU.

advertisement

Back