advertisement

Interest Check - Sheffield (UK) Bake-Off

portlandwork_makerspace3.jpg
bramhall lane

A proper Blades fan would get pelters spelling it like that. ;)

Booked for Sunday October 20th.
9-5.30

Portland Works
Randall Street
Sheffield
S2 4SJ

50 Metres from Bramall Lane football ground.
Free parking.

portlandwork_makerspace3.jpg

Should I drag along a R2R and some tapes, what tape(s) would people be interested in listening to?
I have copies of the following album master tapes:-

Sonny Rollins, Saxophone Colossus
Bill Evans, Waltz for Debbie
Thelonious Monk, Live in Milan
Exotic Dances from the Opera (Minnesota Orchestra, Eije Oue)
Mose Allison, Creek Bank
Malcolm Arnold, Arnold Overtures (London Philharmonic, David Nolan)
Arrigo Cappelletti, Reinventing Thelonious
Jacqui Naylor, The Number White

Can I put my name down for this please? I can bring the Garrard/Notts that was well received at FlatP's a couple of years ago, and I'll bring my incomplete JLH 69 so you can laugh at my crap workmanship. Is this of interest?

Can I provisionally put my name down for this? If I do come I can bring my Arkless modded Chinese EAR 834P clone.

I'm afraid I won't be going to the Sheffield bake off. I've got a cold (Man Flu). I've had it since last Tuesday and can't shake it off. I've been off work since last Wednesday.

I hope all attending have s great day.

See you all tomorrow at the Wheeltappers and Shunters Club, or perhaps for us it should be Cabinettappers and Shunt Regulators Club? :D

I am only planning to bring my new mystery DIY power amp (if anyone knows what it is please keep quiet until afterwards). If we get chance to compare it to the Neurochrome(s) and Dartzeel it might be interesting if people have no preconceptions.

On a more important note - is there any food and beverage available at the Portland Works, or nearby?

Still planning to come tomorrow but will get there late morning as I’ll be watching Wales v France first.

Nearby there are a number of pubs, supermarkets and takeaways - at the event there is tea and coffee.

I’ve just popped over and heard Si’s system, which is already installed - sounds excellent :).

There's a big BP garage with supermarket, subway and Costa machine 200 yards away. Pub is 400m away.

I have also spent the day under the duvet with the manflu.

It is very unlikely I will be crawling out any time soon.

Apologies.

advertisement

Back