advertisement

Innuos announcement countdown

the sense app never seems to see my mk3 zen mini - if i go via the ip address all is fine but i want to uses this as roon replacement eventually but not if the app doesn't work properly. wired network and apple ipad.

the sense app never seems to see my mk3 zen mini - if i go via the ip address all is fine but i want to uses this as roon replacement eventually but not if the app doesn't work properly. wired network and apple ipad.

Please see their blog, previously referenced. This is a known issue and a fix is on the way.

I'd still like to understand how in 'offline mode' the app can see the server to choose and play music?
Rollout day for my Zen Mk2 is Wednesday.:)

Don’t know and don’t care. It works. I’d guess it’s not especially complex. You’re not turning off wi-fi. You’re simply turning off one aspect of the servers connection to the wi-fi.

A nice uplift in sound quality awaits you regardless with 2.0.

Finally got the Innuos 2.0 update a couple of hours ago.
Uplift in sound quality immediately apparent - Steely Dan's Aja has never sounded so good.:cool:

Try it in offline mode. A further small uplift.
Doing just that at the moment.
As you say a small uplift but for the sake of a mere mouse click it would be rude not to.:)
Still discovering the app but at the moment only positive things to say although I'm not particularly demanding when it comes to filters etc.
Hats off to Nuno and his team for producing something that is more than worth the wait.

How buggy is 2.05? Is it worth waiting a bit longer, or is it basically good to go?
I've only been using it a couple of days and I've yet to encounter any kind of problem (he said with fingers firmly crossed).
It took about half an hour to install my library which is just short of 1TB and even then you can play music while it happily continues building the library in the background.
It failed on about 16 albums to add artwork but this is simply remedied from the app.
I've sung the praises of the Bluesound app in the past - this (imo) is in a different league.
The uplift is sound quality is a huge added bonus and I'm tending to play local files in offline mode as I don't use streaming services very often.
Go for it - I don't think you'll regret it.

It’s definitely buggy. There are ongoing connectivity issues and some things they think they’ve fixed which they’ve not. However, the uplift in sound via a reduced noise floor is great; the Qobuz integration is excellent and there are lots of other positives. I wouldn’t be without it.

I've only been using it a couple of days and I've yet to encounter any kind of problem (he said with fingers firmly crossed).
It took about half an hour to install my library which is just short of 1TB and even then you can play music while it happily continues building the library in the background.
It failed on about 16 albums to add artwork but this is simply remedied from the app.
I've sung the praises of the Bluesound app in the past - this (imo) is in a different league.
The uplift is sound quality is a huge added bonus and I'm tending to play local files in offline mode as I don't use streaming services very often.
Go for it - I don't think you'll regret it.

Thanks, Webster. Think I will give it a go then. What's been the biggest change in SQ?

Thanks, Webster. Think I will give it a go then. What's been the biggest change in SQ?
I would say it's pretty much across the board really - bass seems deeper with more definition, instruments easier to pick out and generally more detail and space.
As I metioned upthread I was listening to Steely Dan's Aja which I ripped a while back and it just sounded quite superb.
I guess all improvements are to some extent system dependant but I'll be interested to hear what you think in due course.

Noticed a new update on my Innuos server this morning ( 2.1.0) - apparently there is now full integration with Tidal and a few other goodies.
Will be having a play later.:)

advertisement

Back