advertisement

Innuos announcement countdown

The latest high quality USB input DACS care not what their source is.
That is what they are designed for as the manufacturers know that most people want to feed via USB.

I use a £150 Chinese Win 10 NUC (onboard 1TB SSD for local library), sounds as good as my £ 10K vinyl front end.

No reclocker, linear PSU for the PC or fibre Ethernet switches required.

Hard to describe Innuos 2.0.4 as anything other than superb. One or two small bugs already reported but what a joy. The uplift in sound quality, which in my system manifests as a noticeable drop in the noise floor (with all the good things that entails) is an added bonus.

Hard to describe Innuos 2.0.4 as anything other than superb. One or two small bugs already reported but what a joy. The uplift in sound quality, which in my system manifests as a noticeable drop in the noise floor (with all the good things that entails) is an added bonus.
That sounds encouraging.:)

Great thread on the Naim forum about it. The only people unhappy right now are those with Mark 2 products waiting to hear if they’ll get the install.

There will always be bugs but Nuno is saying that they’re taking the initial reports and putting them into a cumulative update rather than rushing another one out.

Still patiently waiting for innuOS 2.0 to be rolled out for my Zen Mk2.:)
I've noticed some comments regarding the ability to switch the server to 'offline mode' which apparently allows all local files to still be played and allegedly improves the sound further?
I'm struggling to understand how, with this setting activated, the app is able to see and control the server?

Can’t explain it but I’ve just upgraded to 2.0.5, which is allegedly some key bug fixes and yet here I am… the finest sound my system has ever produced.

I've just upgraded to 2.0.5 on a Zen Mini MkIII. I've got to say I'm really impressed. It may well be expectation bias but I think there is a sonic improvement (lower noise floor as previously mentioned). The Innuos Sense App is great (goodbye and good riddance iPeng!). It will improve further (for me anyway) when they get around to implementing full Tidal integration. I think I'm most impressed by Innuos themselves; a great roll-out, great communications and an open and honest willingness to listen to their customers' "wish list". All of the above comes with the caveat that I'm not a massive user, manager etc of multiple digital libraries / storage / sources, so people with more complex set-ups than mine may have more niggles than I've had thus far.

My Innuos Zenith is now upgraded to the new operating system plus Innuos Sense - very good. A big improvement over iPeng and much faster too. I would say Innuos have done a great job with this...

advertisement

Back