advertisement

indulgence show 2017 29th sept 1st oct

It was year 2 of an effort to get a NEW hifi show in LONDON. It was well attended considering its only the 2nd year, Bristol has been going for 30 years, you cannot compare the 2 shows.

The organizational skills to set up a show are very time consuming and very costly, there is nowhere in the UK I know of more costly than London. It cost me £81 to park my van for 3 days as an example.

This was my first year at the show as an exhibitor and I was very impressed with the organizers, I have been doing shows for about 8 years, this was one of the better ones considering its only 2 years old!

I never visit any rooms apart from Longdog as he is my friend and I know he always takes a lot of time and effort to get a good sound and he succeeded again this year even though the room was smaller than my toilet at home!

Praise should be given for Unilet and Vernon and I will be back next year as I am sure it will carry on.

It was year 2 of an effort to get a NEW hifi show in LONDON. It was well attended considering its only the 2nd year, Bristol has been going for 30 years, you cannot compare the 2 shows.

The organizational skills to set up a show are very time consuming and very costly, there is nowhere in the UK I know of more costly than London. It cost me £81 to park my van for 3 days as an example.

This was my first year at the show as an exhibitor and I was very impressed with the organizers, I have been doing shows for about 8 years, this was one of the better ones considering its only 2 years old!

I never visit any rooms apart from Longdog as he is my friend and I know he always takes a lot of time and effort to get a good sound and he succeeded again this year even though the room was smaller than my toilet at home!

Praise should be given for Unilet and Vernon and I will be back next year as I am sure it will carry on.

Don't forget the personal porter service at Bristol.

Spoke yesterday to one manufacturer of my acquaintance and their feeling seemed to be that while visitor numbers were generally on the low side, it was quite a successful show for them in terms of trade interest (retailers). I think their view on next year is cautious optimism.

A good review from sunbeamgls. I hadn't twigged that the KEF Atmos system was driven by the same(?) Arcam electronics as the Arcam Atmos. I enjoyed both (I do like Kraftwerk, Tony, ........honest...... :) )

A good review from sunbeamgls. I hadn't twigged that the KEF Atmos system was driven by the same(?) Arcam electronics as the Arcam Atmos. I enjoyed both (I do like Kraftwerk, Tony, ........honest...... :) )

Thanks SW. The electronics weren't the same. The Reference system was driven by separate pre-pro and lots of big power amps.
By contrast the Q Series system was driven by the new AVR860 receiver and one stereo power amp - far more modest in size and price.

Thanks SW. The electronics weren't the same. The Reference system was driven by separate pre-pro and lots of big power amps.
By contrast the Q Series system was driven by the new AVR860 receiver and one stereo power amp - far more modest in size and price.

I'm afraid that I've got to the age that I lose track of how the system is put together. Us old folks rely on "you youngsters" to tell us what's what :):)

I enjoyed both :), but I thought that the Arcam system "hung together better". Of course, that may be because of what they were playing........there is no doubt that the Kraftwerk in the KEF demo clearly demonstrated the impressive capabilities of the Atmos Environment, but..........

advertisement

Back