Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

If you like Gong, Hawkwind, Hillage, Ozrics ...

Discussion in 'music' started by MichaelC, Jun 30, 2021.

1. MichaelC

MichaelC pfm Member

My rather lengthy record cleaning cataloguing process earlier today concluded the L section. Looking ahead to the M’s I spotted some Magic Mushroom Band. I haven’t istned to them in years, I will be reporting back...

2. MichaelC

MichaelC pfm Member

3. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Booyakashah, check out my avatar...

Saw them supporting the Hawks once.

4. vince rocker

vince rocker pfm Member

The Utopia Strong fit right in here, I think.

5. molee

molee pfm Member

I always really wanted to like Acid Mothers Temple but always saw them live doing the extreme wig-out thing and it was a bit meh. Fellow Japanese bands Kikagoko Moyo and Minami Deutsch are way more accessible. Tuscon's The Myrrors are playing here at the moment https://themyrrorsbbib.bandcamp.com/album/borderlands

vince rocker likes this.
  6. FireMoon

FireMoon pfm Member

Have to add ...

Slift.. Ummon ...

My Brother The Wind... Once There Was A Time When Time And Space Were One...

Delving.... Hirschbrunnen ....

Kikagaku Moyo ... Masana Temples ...

King Buffalo ...Longing To Be The Mountain...

7. MichaelC

MichaelC pfm Member

Today’s offering is Dream Machine, a couple of former Ozrics here.

8. nostromo

nostromo pfm Member

If you like Steve Hillage you might like this, it's a classic:

9. kendo

kendo Prussian bot

Belzebong - Greenferno (Polish stoner rock...so I'm told:))

FireMoon likes this.
  10. Finnegan

Finnegan pfm Member

Nik Turner’s Space Fusion Odyssey pretty damn good.

11. Seeker_UK

12. mr sneff

mr sneff pfm Member

13. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Hawkwind and Fire

Picked up a copy of Give and Take by Here and Now over the weekend for £3. Very Gong, but they definitely have a thing going on that also reminds me of 'This is a Low' by Blur, too.

14. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I’ve got a copy of the All Over The Show live album which I’ve had since a school kid, I can’t remember much about it, must give it a spin. I don’t recall it being jazzy like Gong though.

15. Seeker_UK

They were the backing band on "Live Floating Anarchy" and called Gong by Daevid and Gilli. :)

16. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Looking at Discogs they also had a split LP, ‘What You See Is What You Are’ with Alternative TV, which is a somewhat odd mix.

PS I’ve got a copy of Vibing Up The Senile Man by ATV, which is a candidate for the oddest record I own.

17. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Hawkwind and Fire

'All over the show' is less like Gong than 'Give and Take', but they are still the band that are most like Gong that aren't Gong - although they were Gong at one point - they are just a bit crustier.

18. zygote23

zygote23 pfm Member

19. Seeker_UK

Here and Now were always aligned with the punks. Apologies for the repost but this is a good documentary about them

foxwelljsly and Tony L like this.