advertisement

If you like Gong, Hawkwind, Hillage, Ozrics ...

My rather lengthy record cleaning cataloguing process earlier today concluded the L section. Looking ahead to the M’s I spotted some Magic Mushroom Band. I haven’t istned to them in years, I will be reporting back...

Have to add ...

Slift.. Ummon ...

My Brother The Wind... Once There Was A Time When Time And Space Were One...

Delving.... Hirschbrunnen ....

Kikagaku Moyo ... Masana Temples ...

King Buffalo ...Longing To Be The Mountain...

Picked up a copy of Give and Take by Here and Now over the weekend for £3. Very Gong, but they definitely have a thing going on that also reminds me of 'This is a Low' by Blur, too.

I’ve got a copy of the All Over The Show live album which I’ve had since a school kid, I can’t remember much about it, must give it a spin. I don’t recall it being jazzy like Gong though.

I’ve got a copy of the All Over The Show live album which I’ve had since a school kid, I can’t remember much about it, must give it a spin. I don’t recall it being jazzy like Gong though.

They were the backing band on "Live Floating Anarchy" and called Gong by Daevid and Gilli. :)

Looking at Discogs they also had a split LP, ‘What You See Is What You Are’ with Alternative TV, which is a somewhat odd mix.

PS I’ve got a copy of Vibing Up The Senile Man by ATV, which is a candidate for the oddest record I own.

'All over the show' is less like Gong than 'Give and Take', but they are still the band that are most like Gong that aren't Gong - although they were Gong at one point - they are just a bit crustier.

advertisement

Back