advertisement

Ice cream makers

I thought that stuff was pureed potato starch.
Nope. It's a very high quality dairy ice cream. I know, I didn't want to believe it either. I do of course know where it's made for the UK market at least, a mate works there. It's a simple enough formulation, give me the ingredient dec and nutrition and I could calculate the basic composition in 20 minutes.

Nope. It's a very high quality dairy ice cream. I know, I didn't want to believe it either. I do of course know where it's made for the UK market at least, a mate works there. It's a simple enough formulation, give me the ingredient dec and nutrition and I could calculate the basic composition in 20 minutes.
Nice to hear, my kids love it...I'm not so keen, suspiciously white in colour and too much like Mr Whippy in texture

Go to the McDo webby and get the ingredient dec. Post it on here if you need any explanation. They make it white by incorporating lots of air, because this is of course inexpensive. The foam will be stabilised by a plant gum, at a guess.

First of the seasons Ice Cream a bit late this year for the bank holiday. Rum and Maple syrup - absolutely delicious.

We had some basil ice cream on holiday in Provence last year ( ah happy days - we were due to go again on 12 June but alas not now) Anyway it was a revelation. We tried making it when we got back using a recipe by Simon Hopkinson and it was just like the stuff on holiday. Goes fantastic with strawberries.

I went to a Michelin star restaurant in Ludlow some years ago. One of the in-between courses that these places ply you with was 'Puy Lentil' Ice Cream. I am not a fan of lentils - I can tolerate them if necessary. The ice cream was amazing. I have no idea how he did it.

Had some garlic ice cream in the US many moons ago. Thought it might be interesting. It wasn't, it was awful! Never again.

Basil sounds very nice - would love to try that.

Had some garlic ice cream in the US many moons ago. Thought it might be interesting. It wasn't, it was awful! Never again.

Was it anywhere near Gilroy, CA? They have an annual garlic festival there, and have all sorts of horrid-sounding things with garlic in them. Garlic cheesecake for example...

Was it anywhere near Gilroy, CA? They have an annual garlic festival there, and have all sorts of horrid-sounding things with garlic in them. Garlic cheesecake for example...

It was in San Francisco I think - possibly related to that festival maybe? Either way, not something I’d recommend!

Last weeks Ice Cream sounded iffy to me but was actually stunningly delicious.

Peanut Butter, Salted Caramel and Rum.

advertisement

Back