advertisement

Ice cream makers

I'm hugely impressed - and slightly shamed - by the numbers of people here who buy these machines and find the time to make bread/yogurt/complicated coffee/ ice cream &c. and then eat and drink it all! We've tried it all over the years but soon gave up.
There is some background to my purchase. My daughter is quite enterprising, very assertive and loves ice cream. We have booked a stall at the school fair next summer with a view to selling it in tubs....see where that takes her.

I don't know anything about making ice cream.. but I was strangely drawn to the mention of alcohol, which in turn reminded me that a nice vanilla, with a generous measure of Cointreau poured over it.. is a true delight.

My brother uses a bread maker. I think he basically experimented until he found 'mixes' which worked.

As for which machines to buy for ice cream, bread, or coffee making. Where is Mick when we need him? He was always so good at pointing out 'Buy cheap, buy twice', in addition to 'being across' exactly which machines were not only 'the best', but also socially acceptable in 'Men of England' type circles. This latter is an important consideration. Purchase of the 'wrong' brand.. or even just paying too little.. could easily result in you being 'blanked' at the village fete, talked about in the Post Office queue, or even drummed out of the Golf Club.

Take care... :oops:

All I need is Ben and Jerry's recipe book (link), and a Cuisinart ice cream maker (link).
Currently harvesting raspberries here and making batches of nom sorbet using the B&J recipe.
Strawberries are just about ripe, and blackcurrants due in a couple of weeks.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
My ice cream maker went the same way as the bread maker, the yoghurt maker and the deep fat fryer, to the shelves at the back of the garage. The saucier was useful, and used regularly till the day it died.
I gave up on making ice cream - it was too much faff and so much easier to buy it.
Not so the breadmaker which I still use regularly .
Jury is currently out on the fryer, which I occasionally use but I prefer oven chips (which I do in the Philips Air Fryer !!!)

I gave up on making ice cream - it was too much faff and so much easier to buy it.

Takes Mrs BM about five minutes, then just leave it to churn and put it into a tub when it`s done.

Mind you, that`s with a kitchen slave to fetch the bits and wash up afterwards. (me)

Takes Mrs BM about five minutes, then just leave it to churn and put it into a tub when it`s done.

Mind you, that`s with a kitchen slave to fetch the bits and wash up afterwards. (me)
.. and assuming you don't have to drive miles to get the cream

Look up Simon Hopkinson Basil Ice Cream - fantastic with anything involving strawberries. Also coconut ice cream is dead easy to make with a tin of coconut milk plus a few bits

I got one at the car boot a proper one you plug in. Its fun for like a month then you realise they sell haagen-dazs at the shop

Pure dilettanteism, you simply can’t beat this on the pallet (imho of course),

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Loser!

b10e479180ef6616bce0324267b72077.jpg

One of my ex's mum had this fiendishly expensive blender which could heat the contents to boiling point or freeze them to a sorbet/ice cream. None of that faffing around with keeping bowls in the freezer. Genius device, but, like I said, bloody expensive (£600 or so, IIRC). The device was briefly in the news a while back when, like Delia's omlette pan, someone used on on TV. Tried googling for it, but can't find it.

advertisement

Back