advertisement

How will you vote on December 12? (Anonymous)

Which party will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Con

Votes: 41 17.4%
  • Lab

Votes: 125 53.2%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 28 11.9%
  • SNP

Votes: 18 7.7%
  • Green

Votes: 15 6.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, you are quite correct on the keeping up with matters part - But to question my choice to do this as a lack of foresight and maturity is pretty disrespectful. The character of many of you in this forum has truly been highlighted in this thread

Very much a dragons den...

Just to say I don't hang on the word of Boris but believe he is the man to do the job, time will tell of course

Cheers
I said Boris lacked maturity & foresight when offering the public something which was clearly unachievable.
Something to look forward to in the coming years.

Stop the snowflake nonsense & read the posts in full before jumping in.

On what do you base your judgement of "Boris being the man for the job" precisely?
If you ignore the rest of the post & answer this it will be fine.

Hmm, Interesting - Without wanting to cast dispersion's, I can't imagine there's an MP in office that doesn't lie
So why opt for the worst Culprit.

We will leave on October 31st come what may.
The lack of foresight I was speaking of.

Christ i'm a lowly Brummie & could have told him it would never pass through parliament.

Which part of Boris do you actually like, the cheeky chappie who ignores questions, misdirects while spouting well founded lies with a wry smile & glint in his eye or the Boris who promises a manifesto which, when dissected reveals precisely the same as we have encountered for the last 9 years.

Which part of this benefits you personally & guides you to vote for him.

To answer the *actual* question, I'll vote for the Labour candidate on the 12th. Despite being certain they won't win the seat. Reason being that I regard 'tactical' voting as causing muddle by misleading others as to how many people actually would prefer a given party/set of policies. Thus unfair on smaller parties in particular, I suspect. But inherently likely to mislead about what people would really most prefer.

This then leads to the usual false claims about "democracy showing what most people want" when in reality it often didn't.

Sadly, this election shows the same "shallow as a paddling pool" presentation and questioning by the media as usual. Thus, for example, all the pointless 'vox pops' that don't dig below the surface or require any thought by anyone involved.

Even more sadly, then repeated elsewhere as people drag up ancient shallow views. e.g. the way people whinge about 'tax rises' as if the money really was then dumped down a hole somewhere. Whereas in reality that money can then be spent on improved infrastructure, and employment to get the things done that are needed. e.g. paying people to build more homes that are *genuinely* affordable. Thus putting that 'tax money' back into wages for people who can then spend it, and raising the supply of homes, thus reducing the general cost of housing by reducing the shortage. Which in turn means even people on *existing* low wages have a chance to pay *lower* rents, thus not being so poor.

The problem is getting people to think beyond the first shallow idea "Ooooo! More tax! Must be bad!" And by 'people' here I mean journalists in particular as it should be their *job* to delve in and explain these issues. Not just do Joe Bloke "How do you feel about Boris?" vox pops.

FWIW in my constituency, chances are it will be SNP or LibDummie who get elected. Neither being a party I'm keen on.

Jim I do agree with you on tactical voting, in the main I want my vote to convey a message about who I support. But in the present situation I would vote tactically to ensure an outcome of ‘anybody but Tory’ because these are extraordinary times.

I’m the same, I’d vote anything against Johnson, absolutely anything that stood a chance of beating him. Thankfully I’m in a safe Labour seat so can vote Green without any real risk.

How do you get working class or poorer people to vote for a party that only has rich people in mind ?
Give them a celebrity leader in Boris Johnson. He has the mentality that it doesn't matter what you say or how you say it as long as you win. Then we can continue our austerity agenda.

^
Labour ton is up.
[Realising the seriousness of the situation no real celebration there just a slight wave of the bat to the pavilion.]

Reactions: mhv
^
Labour ton is up.
[Realising the seriousness of the situation no real celebration there just a slight wave of the bat to the pavilion.]

How many Tory supporters on here didn't vote in this poll do you think ?

And why ?

How many Tory supporters on here didn't vote in this poll do you think ?

And why ?
Given the poll is anonymous the only reason for not voting would be their not believing the poll is anonymous.
Or disinterest.
Or guilt and self-loathing.

I’m pretty certain the poll is an accurate reflection. It is exactly what I’d expect to find on a relatively high-income/educated music/arts-based site. People with a genuinely deep interest in music, be they musicians, or music collectors, just tend to be left of centre. We are seeing about 80/20 progressive/conservative in the poll, and that ratio is actually far less extreme than I recall from my time working in music (bands, studios, record shops etc) back in the ‘80s and ‘90s. I have honestly never met a right-wing muso in my life, be they rock, folk, jazz or classical! They just don’t exist outside of Wagner, Ted Nugent, Bryan Ferry and Morrissey! They are at best a trace-element, the equivalent of a toxic homeopathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back