Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

How Much Have You Spent On Room Treatment?

Discussion in 'audio' started by paulfromcamden, Jun 18, 2021.

?

How Much Have You Spent On Room Treatment?

1. 0 - £250

72 vote(s)
    66.1%
  2. £250 - £500

14 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. £501 — £1,000

8 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. £1,001 - £2,000

5 vote(s)
    4.6%
  5. £2,001 - £5,000

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. £5,001 - £10,000

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. > £10,000

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. garyi

garyi leave blank

I made mine I think it was around 400 all in.

[​IMG]

Paul L, AndyU, Hoopsontoast and 3 others like this.
  2. Big Tabs

Big Tabs “coping with coping”

Yup.

We have picture rails, it does make hanging stuff and moving whatever about very easy. It made trying out a large wall-hanging Throw behind the listening position a 2 minute exercise. (10 minutes)

They had been removed in the TV room, so had some put up. Really good for hanging pictures from as well, especially as we move paintings around.

Hoopsontoast likes this.
  3. Ayya Khema

Ayya Khema pfm Member

my room treatment is diy. iirc, cost was about 400$ CAD. tremendous improvement. in fact, ive removed my cloud this week and i find my speaker system tremendously worst.

there is literally no professional studio in the world that doesnt use extensive room treatment.
    no matter the stage, mixing, mastering, production, room treatment is paramount.

studio<s however have built in rooms, often with fake wall, making room treatment looks miles better then normal panels for normal rooms.

Old Shatterhand likes this.
  4. AndyU

AndyU pfm Member

Garyi, they’re really neat and clean. Any chance of a link to a design or some details?

5. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

Zero.

6. garyi

garyi leave blank

Well there is not a lot to them just simple frames:

[​IMG]

But what makes them square etc was a fair amount of 3d printing that enables each one to be hung and adjusted up/down, left/right, back/forward. This is not a great picture but the panels under the speakers are on magnets and the bigger ones essentially very small french cleat type things.

[​IMG]

Big Tabs, Tarzan and AndyU like this.
  7. Ayya Khema

Ayya Khema pfm Member

that looks very nice.
    but not the material youve used to fill those panels.
    straight up, those are useless. replace the material for some Roxul fiberglass.

8. garyi

garyi leave blank

The black foam on top I agree was cheap and was removed as it had no effect and was poking through. the stuff underneath had a dramatic effect though, its a two part underlay cut up tires on one side and felt on the other. It made a major improvement.

9. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe pfm Member

A couple of Gik bass traps for passive treatment. My processor then adds active treatment for the rather nasty +10db bass peak at 39hz

10. dweezil

dweezil pfm Member

No treatments but i chose good room dimensions and a pitched roof.

Was contemplating diy and no parallel walls but sometimes life is just too short.

Main problem area is a suspended floor, now the planners have forgotten about us it's tempting to remove and fill with crushed concrete.

11. wylton

wylton Naim and Mana member

The answer is zero. The main system resides in a room shared with other functions (the dreaded TV), so it would be futile & the second system is in the small spare room upstairs.

12. Gre_gor

Gre_gor Member

I have spent about £350.00 so far on acoustic panels to absorb some of the first reflections. It was well worth it.

13. Gre_gor

Gre_gor Member

14. mercalia

mercalia pfm Member

nothing. sounds pretty good to me

15. boon

boon pfm Member

I’ve got big ears and they absorb a lot of music, do they count!!