advertisement

How Much Have You Spent On Room Treatment?

How Much Have You Spent On Room Treatment?

• 0 - £250

Votes: 72 66.1%
  • £250 - £500

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • £501 — £1,000

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • £1,001 - £2,000

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • £2,001 - £5,000

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • £5,001 - £10,000

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • > £10,000

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters
I made mine I think it was around 400 all in.

008i3skNgy1grrqn7lwvdj30zk0k044u.jpg

Having the picture rail really helps as I can just move them around while trying different room layouts.

Yup.

We have picture rails, it does make hanging stuff and moving whatever about very easy. It made trying out a large wall-hanging Throw behind the listening position a 2 minute exercise. (10 minutes)

They had been removed in the TV room, so had some put up. Really good for hanging pictures from as well, especially as we move paintings around.

my room treatment is diy. iirc, cost was about 400$ CAD. tremendous improvement. in fact, ive removed my cloud this week and i find my speaker system tremendously worst.

Have you seen how few professional recording studios have "room treatment"?
there is literally no professional studio in the world that doesnt use extensive room treatment.
no matter the stage, mixing, mastering, production, room treatment is paramount.

studio<s however have built in rooms, often with fake wall, making room treatment looks miles better then normal panels for normal rooms.

Garyi, they’re really neat and clean. Any chance of a link to a design or some details?

Well there is not a lot to them just simple frames:

008i3skNgy1grxdtljqj0j30zk0qo480.jpg

But what makes them square etc was a fair amount of 3d printing that enables each one to be hung and adjusted up/down, left/right, back/forward. This is not a great picture but the panels under the speakers are on magnets and the bigger ones essentially very small french cleat type things.

008i3skNgy1grxdw4q5fvj30zk0qotkg.jpg

Well there is not a lot to them just simple frames:

008i3skNgy1grxdtljqj0j30zk0qo480.jpg

But what makes them square etc was a fair amount of 3d printing that enables each one to be hung and adjusted up/down, left/right, back/forward. This is not a great picture but the panels under the speakers are on magnets and the bigger ones essentially very small french cleat type things.

008i3skNgy1grxdw4q5fvj30zk0qotkg.jpg
that looks very nice.
but not the material youve used to fill those panels.
straight up, those are useless. replace the material for some Roxul fiberglass.

The black foam on top I agree was cheap and was removed as it had no effect and was poking through. the stuff underneath had a dramatic effect though, its a two part underlay cut up tires on one side and felt on the other. It made a major improvement.

A couple of Gik bass traps for passive treatment. My processor then adds active treatment for the rather nasty +10db bass peak at 39hz

No treatments but i chose good room dimensions and a pitched roof.

Was contemplating diy and no parallel walls but sometimes life is just too short.

Main problem area is a suspended floor, now the planners have forgotten about us it's tempting to remove and fill with crushed concrete.

The answer is zero. The main system resides in a room shared with other functions (the dreaded TV), so it would be futile & the second system is in the small spare room upstairs.

I have spent about £350.00 so far on acoustic panels to absorb some of the first reflections. It was well worth it.

advertisement

Back