advertisement

High Quality Supermarket Olive Oil

If you are a fan of Olive Oils, you need to give the following a try. Amazing value, taste delicious and has a brilliant back story - see bottom of the homepage

I have more 2 more bottles of OO on order and a chilli enfused bottle as well! :D I get through a lot of olive oil as I eat salads most days, especially at this time of the year

https://mroliveoil.com/product-category/extra-virgin

Recommended this way back. Freshest-tasting olive oil we have had and a good back story..

https://ogglio.org/

This is the first oil in a long time where I have unhesitatingly ordered a second bottle, and in fact felt slightly anxious when I noticed the first was coming to an end. The only real downside is that it's so delicious that you eat more olive oil. It is quite possibly the best oil I've had in the UK for years and years.

This is the first oil in a long time where I have unhesitatingly ordered a second bottle, and in fact felt slightly anxious when I noticed the first was coming to an end. The only real downside is that it's so delicious that you eat more olive oil. It is quite possibly the best oil I've had in the UK for years and years.

So pleased to hear that! It is fabulous, grass-fresh stuff and we have gone from 4 litres a year to 8 litres on the back of it. The cans work out at half price if you get through that much.

The 2022 harvest is on kickstarter and in need of help (they can only pick the olives if they get enough support) and saves a couple of pounds on a decent order.

Snake oil, no measurements to say any of them are better than each other.

Its all marketing!

Just buy the cheapest on Amazon and job will be done!

Most olive oil may well be made with centrifuges but we are not talking about those.
We are talking about the good stuff: EVOO First Cold Press are the key words.

It's time to replenish supplies so I'm bumping this to see if anyone has any new discoveries.

Ogglio is probably the best oil I've had in the UK. But they've just bumped the price up by 25% -- I know that the harvest in Umbria was disappointing so I guess the same in Sicily. And given that the blend changes (they use many suppliers) I'm a bit reluctant to get 3L (which is half the price) without tasting first -- has anyone (@hc25036 maybe) tried this year's oil from them?

So if anyone has found anything good recently please say.

Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil – OGGLIO

It's time to replenish supplies so I'm bumping this to see if anyone has any new discoveries.

Ogglio is probably the best oil I've had in the UK. But they've just bumped the price up by 25% -- I know that the harvest in Umbria was disappointing so I guess the same in Sicily. And given that the blend changes (they use many suppliers) I'm a bit reluctant to get 3L (which is half the price) without tasting first -- has anyone (@hc25036 maybe) tried this year's oil from them?

Bought £400 worth for us and as presents! Will open one and have a taste for you a bit later. By the way, costs went up due to import charges and transport (which was delayed by an earthquake taking out the road to the farm!).

ok - formal tasting over! The 2021 shows little difference to us from the 2020, except for a notably more peppery finish, perhaps due to being from a freshly opened bottle. Still a wonderful hit of fresh grass!

We buy Ogglio direct having tried it at an exhibition. They have a Kickstarter appeal for the 2020 harvest.

Bought a ½ litre bottle a few months ago, loved it, then joined their kickstarter for this year’s harvest. Three litres of heavenly joy.

Just lately I've been buying Il Casolare Cold Extracted Unfiltered Organic Extra Virgin from Sainsburys. It's quite strong and peppery and I like it. Doesn't cost an arm and a leg at about £12 a litre. I don't cook with it, or any olive oil for that matter, just toss my salad and dip my bread in it. I shall have some tonight.

advertisement

Back