advertisement

HiFi Wigwam Site - Is It down ?

Hi, don't really know why people knock it on this site, horses for courses, they are more into the older hifi, have no idea about cables, but hay , and they do put on a great show, which a lot of fishers have been to and loved it, year after year, you might not like the website itself, to much advertising, and very messy to access easelly the things you want to see, the design of the site could be better, it does not flow like PFM, but it seems like you want it to fail, i have not been on for about 6 months and then only for about 15 minutes, but i hope they work it out, and am looking forward to the next show, a good bunch of hifi nutters on that site, :D

Hi, don't really know why people knock it on this site, horses for courses, they are more into the older hifi, have no idea about cables, but hay , and they do put on a great show, which a lot of fishers have been to and loved it, year after year, you might not like the website itself, to much advertising, and very messy to access easelly the things you want to see, the design of the site could be better, it does not flow like PFM, but it seems like you want it to fail, i have not been on for about 6 months and then only for about 15 minutes, but i hope they work it out, and am looking forward to the next show, a good bunch of hifi nutters on that site, :D
Some here helped start it. Were there from day 1, or day 3 anyway...and worked hard to make it grow. If you knew ALL of the history and the stories then you'd maybe understand the perspective. It's like a loved child who has, in later life, voted Tory, prioritised money over people, told you to F*** off as a parent, and bought into the New Seekers as music gods. They are VERY hard to love.

Scalford summed up all that made the wigwam what it was. It should never have worked really, the rooms were terrible, and the food ditto. But somehow it all came together so that not only did those who were showing their gear have a great time, but also the viewing public got a great deal from it it seem to me. All those commercial shows were never that kind of fun, and never had that kind of spirit. Just a moment of serendipity when a load of daft people were put together in a daft place and left alone to somehow try to make it work, and they did.

advertisement

Back