advertisement

Hi Fi Wigwam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

It is a shame about what has happened on HifiWigwam. I was reading the thread this morning before I popped out. I can understand James being 'peeved' with certain things on that site. Can be a thankless task running a site.

I do expect the site to come back in one form or another.

Dean

Last nights 'google ad's' thread was definitely the most vitriolic and personal I had seen on the wam, I was shocked at the tone of some of the posts and I can completely understand James walking away.

Hope he has a change of heart as the wam was like a 2nd home to me.

They have had some recent software problems and I had heard that there was to be a change in the software. Whether this is a change from VBulletin or an upgrade or even just repairs I don't know.
It was working until a few minutes ago.

A bit more more serious than a software glitch then.

Only last night I was looking if there were any shops near Scalford where I could leave the Mrs for the day.

Evening all. I recognise quite a few of you on this thread..

Well last nights episode was a shock. I read the Google thread. Even posted in it. Nothing vitriolic I might add. Hopefully things will be sorted out and the Wam will be back..

Thanks to PFM for putting up with us.

its like a refuge camp for ex-wammers, with shell shocked victims slowly staggering in with tears in their eyes, thanks to james for all his work over the years, its a sad day

If this is made into a film will it be called War & Tipis?

A bit more more serious than a software glitch then.

Only last night I was looking if there were any shops near Scalford where I could leave the Mrs for the day.

Melton is a nice little shopping area but unfortunately most of it is closed on a Sunday! Nottingham isn't far away and the shopping there is excellent.

i never read the google thread but this morning at 6.30 am i was really inspired by the thread on" 5 things you love 5 things you have" . it was very very profound . james comment at the begginning was good and balanced . several others made really good comments, in particular the point cable monkey made about loving yourself [ if you don`t love yourself then it affects self esteem etc]

Guess this is what happens when the tail wags the dog.

A good example of actions speaking louder than words. Seems that no matter how fiesty the keyboard warriors, James has shown them how to properly P*** off.

Got mixed feelings.

Was a mod on Zerogain for a few years, and saw it change hands 3 times as a person that posted from the original 'groovehandle'

Changing hands is a good thing, I've seen person after person get sick of what is a thankless task. Much better than closing it altogether, there's always someone who likes it enough to pick the job up.

As for people who will go on a forum, slag people off and say things in writing they would never dare say to their faces -

...laugh at them for what they really are..

12994d1300061089-fao-anybody-any-interest-venomous-snakes-snake-bite-internet-warrior.jpg

Not privvy to the behind the scenes stuff, but does seem James has knee jerked a little bit.

Cant believe the Wam will die though, smacks of Roger Waters and Pink Floyd....

Personally I think WW needs a good shake up. Its become quite difficult to comment or discuss things without the usual Kondo San crowd jumping in and refusing to accept that other kit can be better. I was put in the cooler for two weeks for saying the insides of a Kondo preamp looked like it was made of spare parts. It was because one of the mods owned the amp...... Things need to be fairer with better diplomacy; like PFM for example.

[

Oh and Bob and Laurence, sad condolences on canine losses.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify in case misunderstanding- Martha (current OES) is alive and well - but I was a member of PFM pre Wam when my (previous OES) dog was Ellamoo.

Ellamoo - long deceased - Martha all ok

(Excuse this post mid Wam crisis but Martha was / is well known to many Wammers and dont want to add to the upset!

[

Oh and Bob and Laurence, sad condolences on canine losses.

Just to clarify in case misunderstanding- Martha (current OES) is alive and well - but I was a member of PFM pre Wam when my (previous OES) dog was Ellamoo.

Ellamoo - long deceased - Martha all ok

(Excuse this post mid Wam crisis but Martha was / is well known to many Wammers and dont want to add to the upset![/QUOTE]

Thank you sir.

I can at least rest at ease on one point!

I'm sure Mr P will get it back up and running in due course.
Now the boundaries have been reached, I think a break from all the dross, then a period of reflection, and then Scalford 2012 needs to get up to speed.

Can't say I'm surprised.

Personally I think WW needs a good shake up. Its become quite difficult to comment or discuss things without the usual Kondo San crowd jumping in and refusing to accept that other kit can be better. I was put in the cooler for two weeks for saying the insides of a Kondo preamp looked like it was made of spare parts. It was because one of the mods owned the amp...... Things need to be fairer with better diplomacy; like PFM for example.

None of the mods have ever to my knowledge owned a Kondo pre-amp, (nor do I btw).

But never let the truth get in the way of self justification.

It's like all the staff gathering round the watercooler after someone's been fired and saying how they never really liked him anyway.

Perhaps you'd like to justify that post, because I don't know anyone who mods (or did mod) on HFW who owns Kondo. In fact, most mods regularly take/took the p**s out of it. Perhaps you were black-flagged for some slightly less innocent comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back