advertisement

Hi Fi Wigwam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mind if I do, cheers! Although Campari, vermouth and tonic is my favourite, hence the name. Nothing to do with HiFi, I'm afraid, other than imbibing the odd glass while enjoying the music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on gents.

A strop on.

Then a day or two later all's well with the world?

And in between some sychophanticness?

Love the wam and the staunch posting of James in many ways, but this was all a bit mincey no?

Come on gents.

A strop on.

Then a day or two later all's well with the world?

And in between some sychophanticness?

Love the wam and the staunch posting of James in many ways, but this was all a bit mincey no?

No arthur i really don't believe so and having known him personally for 6 yrs James is the type who doesn't believe that the sh*t should flow down and bears far too much of the burden of running a forum . Something i always berate him about as do other senior members. So this instance was not a spur of the moment thing and was very much a cumulative thing.

Regards Danny

Each to our own opinions then.

Though I stand by mine in this instance. All a bit wet and mummsy:p

Er, yes, I think I probably agree.

It will be interesting to see if James's expanded mod team & willingness to ban, along with swear filtering changes the feel of the forum.

If it helps control the more rabid factions, it can only be for the good.

Chris

I think James has explained the situation which was far more serious than a spat the dummy out moment .

It's probably one of the most serious affairs I've seen in internet audio world for some years. Hopefully, the fall out from the Wig Wam ash cloud won't leave too many casualities.

Still, everything now seems to be clearing. I do love a happy ending, and have to say it's getting hard to type with all these tears in my eyes.

rabid is a slightly excessive description.
barking mad however, fits nicely. Luckily they have now been promoted to moderate the resurgent forum. so at least we can now state with certainty that some of the swearing will be moderated.

rabid is a slightly excessive description.
barking mad however, fits nicely. Luckily they have now been promoted to moderate the resurgent forum. so at least we can now state with certainty that some of the swearing will be moderated.

'You can't fight in here gentlemen; this is the War Room!'

Arthur,

I already 'splained this: The Wam Mothership was under attack by the Beta XII-A entity, a noncorporeal being composed of pure energy, man.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
It's probably one of the most serious affairs I've seen in internet audio world for some years. Hopefully, the fall out from the Wig Wam ash cloud won't leave too many casualities.

Still, everything now seems to be clearing. I do love a happy ending, and have to say it's getting hard to type with all these tears in my eyes.

Don't count your eggs while you have birds in the bush and stuff like that... I think the affair is far from over and I see a hi-fi wigwam rebellion round the corner when a new wave of bans kick in.

Don't count your eggs while you have birds in the bush and stuff like that... I think the affair is far from over and I see a hi-fi wigwam rebellion round the corner when a new wave of bans kick in.

I look forward to the formation of the provisional HiFiWigwam.

Chris

Have to agree alas.

As soon as something this tacky occurs and changes are wrought willynilly, especially to something as iconic as the wam then in reality it is quite ended and something else entirely (even if the same name) takes over.

A damned shame too. :(

The freeflowing wit and friendly/non-friendly abuse there was sometimes magnificent.

Wam RIP.

Given that the new mods are some of the more, shall we say, bombastic members of the Wam, I think that the chances of it reverting into some cuddly little love-in are pretty low :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back