advertisement

Her Majesty the Queen RIP

The International Human Right Foundation posted a tweet and promptly deleted it:

LqwYcCX.jpg

I’ve absolutely no time for the royal family but the queen has been an amazing example of someone putting the country before herself she’s been selfless for seventy odd years her family not so much they’re a shower of effin parasites.

I hope the end is quick she deserves that.

There will be a full state funeral and I’ll have a drink to her cause there’s no doubt she is/was a good person.

Amazing what you can do with a staff of a thousand

It’s bollocks.
There is a strict protocol about the announcement.

Everyone BBC/ITV/Channel 4 suited up in black this afternoon.

BBC One broadcasting suspended until 6pm.

I don't think it's farfetched to believe that the IHRF cocked up protocol and backtracked to delete the Tweet.

I don't think it's farfetched to believe that the IHRF cocked up protocol and backtracked to delete the Tweet.
I wonder if it's embargoed till, say, 6pm when the fam are gathered round.

My guess is somebody was asked to prepare a suitable tweet, and somebody hit the send button by mistake.

My guess is somebody was asked to prepare a suitable tweet, and somebody hit the send button by mistake.

Yeah that'd be my guess too.

Anyone watching today's House of Commons debate on the cost of living crisis/energy bill freeze would have noticed around 10.00am the mood went from energetic to very hushed as what looked like notes, as well as quiet whispers were being exchanged around with the tone taking a much somber turn.

If they were in a real rush they’d surely be jumping in a helicopter from Aberdeen airport rather than by road.

How many here can remember a time when Elizabeth II wasn't queen? June 2, 1953, was four years before I was born.

I wish her and all very elderly people a comfortable end, surrounded by family.

Hers was too long a reign to be summed up as good or bad, but it sure was event filled. I think, overall, history will treat her kindly. Much more so than the empire she once ruled.

Personally, I am not that interested but I expect many are. For her close family and friends, I have genuine sympathy of course. That being said, she is 96, so hardly unexpected that she is nearing the end of her life. If she was my relative, I would want her to die peacefully, without pain or suffering, as I would anyone else. What I really don't want is the disruption to TV and radio schedules we had when her husband died. I hope the broadcasters choose one channel for coverage of this and let the other channels carry on normally, then people have a choice whether to follow events closely or pay little or no attention to them.

Don't think Liz Truss or the Queen saw eye to eye anyway, if her speech at 19 years old is anything to go by.

It’s bollocks.
There is a strict protocol about the announcement.

Plus there's no way some obscure US human rights group would know about it.

On the other hand, a BBC journalist might know and might have just messed up by announcing the Queen had died. She has deleted it, as said https://twitter.com/BBCYaldaHakim/status/1567880355075457024

Or could just be typical Twitter behaviour, trying to be first with the big news without checking if it was correct.

Just announce it and get it over with. All this arcane bullshit right up to the last effin’ second.

It could be that the day I've dreaded for years is finally upon us. The day when the BBC puts every single one of its TV and radio channels to work on endless repetition, summary, review, recap, re- run, discussion, analysis, update, down date, left and right date of the inevitable.This will involve at least a week of repetition of the simple fact that Madge has departed, followed by another couple of weeks explaining that, quite remarkably, she will be having a funeral
The funeral will of course be pre viewed, reviewed etc...endlessly...
And then of course there's the same process for her lad's Coronation.
Should be over by Christmas.

Like many, I have a sneaking respect for Madge the person. Certainly more than I have for the Beeb.

There’s more in the pipe eg those who self identify as progressive, to point of revolutionary, but now revealing their blind respect for epicentre of the establishment.
Where is all this “I respect her personally whilst denouncing the institution” bullshit coming from? She was perfectly content to live with a vile racist for 70 years. She sheltered and protected her nonce son. And she went out of her way to avoid paying tax. She was as abysmal as the rest of them.

advertisement

Back