advertisement

Hegel H90

I beg to differ, hence why there are so many hifi Stores/companies currently, it shows a bigger than you think market. A Hegel H190 is hardly high end in my opinion I must say! If you're happy to pay what you do, then thats completely fine, it's your hard earned :)
We’re all entitled to our opinion. I think we will have to agree to disagree on what constitutes high end Hifi. To me all Hegel is high end.

That is between Hegel and its retailers, but suffice to say that the advertised retail prices being discussed here are a fraction of the actual trade prices for these products.

Ok then. I don't believe you, but thats ok, but its in your interests to oppose the idea of the lower prices of course, its not in mine.

We’re all entitled to our opinion. I think we will have to agree to disagree on what constitutes high end Hifi. To me all Hegel is high end.

I think the reality is, people bought units at those prices. So if you really believe a business is selling at a big loss, well....thats your thing.

You've based all the companies Hegels sales on this thread?
No. We’re not discussing Hegels sales. We’re discussing a shop that advertises Hegel kit at unrealistic prices when there is no stock. I have no idea what they are trying to achieve. It just raises questions and sets unrealistic expectations for anyone expecting a similar deal from other Hegel dealers. So a massive waste of everyones time. Hopefully, they will not be advertised for much longer.

No. We’re not discussing Hegels sales. We’re discussing a shop that advertises Hegel kit at unrealistic prices when there is no stock. I have no idea what they are trying to achieve. It just raises questions and sets unrealistic expectations for anyone expecting a similar deal from other Hegel dealers. So a massive waste of everyones time. Hopefully, they will not be advertised for much longer.

You mis-read, I said all the Hegel sales by that company. You are basing those sales on a tiny little corner of the internet on a hifi forum and a thread at that, much like your opinion that 'high end' hi-fi sales are slow, which evidence would say no the contrary based on the sheer amount of stores/companies open.

It does raise questions as to why they are doing what they do, yes definitely, but if they can sell them at that then all good. They have many happy customers I am sure, you sadly, are not one of them, so it must burn having to pay the dealer markup prices knowing the others got them for the buy in price. It would me if I was in a similar position!

My point was, he obviously fell out with Hegel, wanted to hurt them and did a good job.

I would guess proper retail on a £2450 amp would be around £900?

I can't see how a retailer could survive in margins smaller than that these days.

My point was, he obviously fell out with Hegel, wanted to hurt them and did a good job.

I would guess proper retail on a £2450 amp would be around £900?

I can't see how a retailer could survive in margins smaller than that these days.

Yes I agreed with you on that, must have been a fall out somewhere, I imagine it really did annoy other dealers no end especially those that advertise price matching like Strictly Stereo on their website. I'd probably agree with you on the £650-800 on a general contract, but we don't know if he had a more individual contract based on buy in amount, hence the lower selling price. It's all a mafia!

Yes I agreed with you on that, must have been a fall out somewhere, I imagine it really did annoy other dealers no end especially those that advertise price matching like Strictly Stereo on their website. I'd probably agree with you on the £650-800 on a general contract, but we don't know if he had a more individual contract based on buy in amount, hence the lower selling price. It's all a mafia!

I don't know if you have ever been in business. I have for 40 years. Not in Hifi but similar. I know for a fact that no authorised Hegel dealer buys kit with an rrp of £2450 at a cost of under £900. Don't believe me if you don't want to. That's fine.

If you don't believe what I have proposed about the shops sales and there stock I suggest you give them a call and ask. It could be very enlightening.

I don't know if you have ever been in business. I have for 40 years. Not in Hifi but similar. I know for a fact that no authorised Hegel dealer buys kit with an rrp of £2450 at a cost of under £900. Don't believe me if you don't want to. That's fine.

If you don't believe what I have proposed about the shops sales and there stock I suggest you give them a call and ask. It could be very enlightening.

I literally have zero interest, I'm more of a spectator of the funny situation, interesting that someone earlier mentioned you had only commented on this thread since joining and are now full of facts which you didnt have before. I smell a rat!

He was also letting Rega gear off for small money. Not sure how he manages to survive with what looks like below cost selling. He is not obliged to explain himself, but no doubt other dealers have understandably been put out.

advertisement

Back