advertisement

Hegel H90

drummerman

pfm Member
I had one of these at home for the last few days and must say its an impressive little amplifier.

Smooth, detailed and powerful for its 60 watt rating.

Recommended.

Believe it or not, I have not tried the built-in DAC yet.

I just have a CCA via HifimeDIY DAC connected and was too busy enjoying the sound in the short time I had rather than to play around with comparing DAC's. Perhaps I am not audiophile enough :)

I can't imagine the on-board DAC being a duffer though. I'll post once I tried it.

These couldn’t have sold well; they’re now available for £490 brand new, originally £1500. They’ve got to be good value at that price, I would have thought.

These couldn’t have sold well; they’re now available for £490 brand new, originally £1500. They’ve got to be good value at that price, I would have thought.

Not exactly. They are £1500 from Hegel Retailers. The older H80 still sells for £1350.

I got it cheaper from a particular Hegel Dealer which has them listed at £490 to move stock for reasons which are not up to me to discuss on a forum. Feel free to contact them if info is required.

A good amplifier even at £1500. Hopefully getting a 190 too.

Believe it or not, I have not tried the built-in DAC yet.

I just have a CCA via HifimeDIY DAC connected and was too busy enjoying the sound in the short time I had rather than to play around with comparing DAC's. Perhaps I am not audiophile enough :)

I can't imagine the on-board DAC being a duffer though. I'll post once I tried it.
Hi Drummerman...now that you have had the chance to listen to your Hegel a little longer how do you rate it and in all the amps you have owned how does it compare?

Someone had a fantastic buy with the Mohican CD player at £1200. A lovely heritage piece imo.

Hi Drummerman...now that you have had the chance to listen to your Hegel a little longer how do you rate it and in all the amps you have owned how does it compare?

Hi Galty

I only have the entry model but it seems to have a good balance. - Nothing stands out, nothing offends, pretty neutral I guess.

It's a middle-path and good for it. - For more character some other brands may suit better but I enjoy it.

DM

advertisement

Back