advertisement

Hegel H90

I guess that the brand pissed him off, and to get back he wanted to show everyone that a £2450 amp costs just £592???

I guess that the brand pissed him off, and to get back he wanted to show everyone that a £2450 amp costs just £592???
I guess he wasn’t to happy becoming an ex authorised dealer. Anyone would think he had a warehouse full of Hegel. Sold 3 maybe.

I was wondering this also...I noticed people selling second hand ones for more money than that guy was selling new. I wondered what the catch was..but that makes sense regarding the mark up.

I HIGHLY doubt that knowing what I do about dealer mark ups.
I don’t know what you know. What I do know is that margins over 40% in electronics from computers to toasters are extremely rare. High end manufactures usually operate with dealer margins between 25 and 40%. That’s what I know. Advertising prices at 25% of the retail cost while having no stock is odd don’t you think.

I don’t know what you know. What I do know is that margins over 40% in electronics from computers to toasters are extremely rare. High end manufactures usually operate with dealer margins between 25 and 40%. That’s what I know. Advertising prices at 25% of the retail cost while having no stock is odd don’t you think.

Hifi and electronics like TV's are very very different when it comes to mark ups. There are HUGE mark ups in Hifi, some are eye watering, Monitor Audio for one.

I agree with you though advertising prices like that. I can only imagine it was too show the original dealer buy in price and thus water down the market for other sellers trying to milk the mark up...obviously there has been a disagreement and fallout somewhere. However you do not know what stock he had and has.

I am an authorised Hegel retailer, so I know exactly what these products cost. Whatever you think you know about Hegel’s dealer margin is wrong.

Let’s hope this hadn’t put off people from buying Hegel. I’m seriously considering selling all my Naim boxes to replace with one Hegel H190.

Let’s hope this hadn’t put off people from buying Hegel. I’m seriously considering selling all my Naim boxes to replace with one Hegel H190.

I don't see why it would, I've heard great things about them, and experienced people buying Hifi generally know they are going to get fleeced if they pay retail prices on any brand, thats why theres always in discussion discounts from dealers.

I don't see why it would, I've heard great things about them, and experienced people buying Hifi generally know they are going to get fleeced if they pay retail prices, thats why theres always in discussion discounts from dealers.
It won’t put me off. I don’t think Hi-Fi dealers fleece customers. They have overheads and the good ones like Strictly Stereo add a lot of value with their knowledge.High end Hi-Fi isn’t exactly flying off the shelves.

It won’t put me off. I don’t think Hi-Fi dealers fleece customers. They have overheads and the good ones like Strictly Stereo add a lot of value with their knowledge.High end Hi-Fi isn’t exactly flying off the shelves.

It's interesting to see you've only recently joined PFM, and only commented on this thread which was already out of date somewhat.

I beg to differ, hence why there are so many hifi Stores/companies currently, it shows a bigger than you think market. A Hegel H190 is hardly high end in my opinion I must say! If you're happy to pay what you do, then thats completely fine, it's your hard earned :)

It's interesting to see you've only recently joined PFM, and only commented on this thread which was already out of date somewhat.
I came across the thread while researching Hegel H190’s. I also came across a site advertising Hegel at unrealistic prices with no stock. Reading the thread made me want to comment so I joined.

I have no knowledge of Music Craft but they do have a lot of very keenly priced gear on sale. They appear to have gone big on Hegel, it obviously hasn't worked out as they had wished

advertisement

Back